Three

A/N

Hello readers! Thank you so much for your reviews! It means a lot. As to the reader who pointed out the document side of a minor travelling alone, I tend to skip over minor details because sometimes I ramble on about things too much and people get bored. But thank you for bringing it up. As for your question about Evelynn possibly helping on cases, as of this moment in time I highly doubt she will be. I don't have any pre made plans for this story yet, I just write chapters as they come into my head. But thank you for your feedback.

And enough of me rambling! On with chapter three!

After the introductions were made, Evelynn turned to her mother looking tired. Jet lag was kicking in. Knowing her daughter would soon crash from exhaustion, Emily excused herself and Evelynn to take her to Emily's apartment. Picking up her backpack, Evelynn wheeled her suitcase out to the BAU parking lot to her mother's car. Emily opened the trunk and set Evelynn's case inside while her tired fifteen-year-old climbed in the passenger seat. Smiling to herself, Emily knew that no matter how old her daughter would get, she would always turn into a snuggle bug when she was tired beyond normal for her. Emily climbed in the driver's seat and began the drive home.

"So, food then sleep or sleep then food?" Emily asked as they stopped at a red light

"Sleep first,"

Emily knew that would be the answer but she wanted to check just in case. After a brief stop at Starbucks, they arrived at Emily's house. It was small and in a yep you guessed it, a cute and cosy Cul-De-Sac. Right in the middle of it, with two bigger houses on either side. Evelynn fell in love with the house at first sight, it had a front yard, if Evelynn was allowed to stay, she would ask her mother for a puppy for Christmas. And puppies need yards to run around in and this was perfect.

"It's beautiful,"

"Come see inside before you say that," Emily smiled and got out the car.

The two brunettes left the car and Emily unlocked her front gate, leading Evelynn along the cream paved path to a sleek black front door with a chrome door knock. Emily unlocked the front door and kicked off her work boots, setting them in a wicker basket that lived in a white cube system, coping her mother, Evelynn put her faux Ugg boots in the basket, closing the front door behind her. Emily led Evelynn into the living room, the walls were two tone painted, colours of biscuit and mocha. A cream deep shag pile rug lined the floor, on the wall opposite the hall was a television that looked new. There were two plush couches and a chair that matched. One wall, that had a window revealing the outside, was made into a DVD and CD centre. Her mother had a lot of movies. There was a handful that were in simple maroon cases, Evelynn made a mental note to ask her mother what they were at a different time. Stepping gingerly onto the rug, Evelynn made her way to the back window to see into the backyard. Out there was a large tree, one that had a branch in a perfect position to put a swing. If Emily allowed it.

Taking in her daughter's movements, Emily relaxed, she would call Claudia and John to arrange for Evelynn to be relinquished back into her custody. Of course she would have to prove to the agency who approved the adoption all those years ago, that she was able to take care of her daughter, send her to a good school and make sure her home was safe for the young teen. That wouldn't be too difficult, Emily was already planning on sending her to a private school, the one she had sent Declan to, he thrived there and knew Evelynn would too, once she got over the idea of wearing a uniform that consisted of a skirt, tie and blazer.

"Can I see the rest?" Evelynn asked, breaking Emly from her thoughts.

Emily nodded and showed her to the kitchen, a mix of black, white and chrome decorated this room. An island was in the centre, which house the sink. Beside a set of double doors, that lead outside, was a breakfast nook. Evelynn looked around the room, slightly confused at the lack of a refrigerator.