Chapter 7

It was ten in the morning on a Saturday and here I was blasting The Bravery and digging through box after box in search of something wearable. Of course while the rest of the house had been relatively unpacked, my room was pretty much a box sanctuary (complete with Quasimodo and Esmeralda plushies). While this lifestyle has worked out for the past 2 weeks, now it was almost impossible to find a decent outfit.

So far I had a long blue t-shirt, a white t-shirt, some necklaces, black fishnets and some black boots.

I sighed as I opened another box that wasn't filled with any clothing at all. Finally, I dug through yet another box and found a floofy black skirt. 

I glanced at the clock and almost yelled at it for going way too fast. Grabbing my loot, I pretty much ran to the bathroom.

--

Once bathed and clothed, I turned in the mirror and frowned. This date was going to be a disaster! I mean, what am I going to say to him!? He just.. kissed me!

I shook my head from my date blues and danced to Hot Hot Heat before picking up a black tie from the floor and looping it around my head.

I smirked. At least I'll be dressed for any occasion.

Turning off my music, I went downstairs and out the door to my truck.

It was 11:17 when I showed up at the mall. We were supposed to meet at the claw machine where I "stole" (I'd say saved) his teddy, but as I went further and further through the mall, I couldn't find it anywhere!

I sadly passed Hot Topic and found myself in the food court before my phone started buzzing.

I almost attacked the phone in excitement, before I remembered that I should play it cool. After all, this was a giant jerk I was dealing with.

"Hello?" I answered.

"I've been standing by this stupid machine for forever! Where the hell are you?"

I could almost imagine the concerned looks mothers probably shot at their passing children when they saw mister Chase by the claw machine. I almost giggled before I realized who I was dealing with on the phone.

"I'm at the food court! I don't know where the claw machine is in this stupid mall..." I slightly frowned at admitting my navigation weakness to him.

He made a sort of grunting noise before telling me to stay where I was.

I pouted and then put my phone away. Glancing around, I eyed an empty table and slowly went over to sit down and wait.

As I passed a few occupied tables, I saw snooty girls whisper rather loudly about my appearance. Trying to ignore their stares, I sat down and crossed my legs like a lady. Of course I knew I looked a bit like my younger sister dressed me, but ha! little did they know that I didn't have a little sister! I did this alllll by myself.

I smiled at my silly appearance and decided to make the best of it. So what did I do?

Obviously I pompously slipped my leather bag onto the table, pulled out a tube of very red lipstick, and slowly and carefully traced my lips with it. I had a compact in one hand, so I didn't slap it on like a real child.

I giggled as the girls scowled and went back to saying terrible things. Honestly, I'm pretty sure it was the sexiest lipstick application I've ever done. 

Putting the tube away, I flinched and almost dropped the makeup mirror as a very strong hand slammed across the table.

"How can you not find the claw machine!? I mean you've already been there once!"

If you couldn't tell, Chase was the one who made the table vibrate like a flippin' earthquake hit. And sadly, he didn't notice (cuz' of my awesome sunglasses) that I was giving him a not so nice look for scaring me.

He sighed irritably and sat down in the chair beside me. I removed my sunglasses.

"So what now?" I asked.

 He scratched the back of his head, "I don't know.. It's too late to catch the movie I was planning..."

I frowned, the guilt creaping into my stomach and moving up to my face.

"We could walk around the mall, but I'm not exactly fond of the people who roam here on the weekends," he shrugged, "Maybe we should call the date off and do it another time? I can't think of anything."

I glanced away, kinda maybe a little secretly dissapointed. 

Shhhh.... don't tell Potter.

I stared at the table and thought for a bit.

Obviously he was frustrated about me being kinda late and lost. Hmmm...

So all I had to do is cheer him up, right?

"I know!" I grabbed his arm to try and shake him out of his train of thought, "Why don't you show me around town?"

He winced a little at the suggestion, "I don't know..."

"Please! It'll help me a ton."

I could tell he wasn't totally convinced. Ugh, I'd have to give in to his manly pride. 

I tried to say it kinda slowly, so he wouldn't have to ask me again, but my stupid voice faultered a bit.

"B-besides, if you show me around I'll definitely not get lost on our next date."

He smiled, obviously extremely happy. He tried to cover it up by pretending to scratch his nose and hide his smile, but I already caught him.

He coughed and got out of his chair, "Alright. Let's get out of here then."

I wobbled out of my chair and we weaved past the few tables in our way. The snooty girls didn't try to hide the looks they were giving as I passed and I was oh so tempted to stick my tounge out of them, but Chase caught me off gard and grabbed my hand, interlacing our fingers.

I could feel my face turn hottly red as tried to roll my eyes at the embarassing situation. Thankfully, he didn't look back at my face to see my reaction.

He led me out of the mall towards where his car was parked, never letting go of my hand (even when people tried to walk between us).

I sighed as my blush started to fade.

Oh gosh. What would Potter say?

----------------

Muahahahaha tooo lazy to write the whole date XD

so consider this part one, i guess? Or a sneak peek?

But yeah, total fan girl-ness 

Don't forget to Vote, Comment, or Fan : 3 that way i'll know people are reading and I'll HAVE to update. Otherwise, I probably won't >.>