Chapter 2- Dinner at my house

Steve as he held the bouquet with crimson red roses behind his back. Tapping with his foot after ringing the doorbell. Penelope's house with a fire ladder screwed on the wall.  He always adored the garden. The windows were shaped as diamonds. 

"You must be Penelope boyfriend." Penelope's father shook his hand. Her mother was screwing on the timer, having her cooking gloves on the pocket of her apron. The wine-red lipstick was highlighting her dark brunette long hair. She was wearing a short dress, that formed her hips perfectly. The main course was ready, the smell of fried meat and fries filled Stephens' nose. He inhaled. 

  Carol chucked to her husband, coming over the beef in a form. "Penelope? Can you help me with the pepper sauce?!" her mother called on her. After a while, they sat down at the table. "Guests first!" her mother guested to her boyfriend. Stephen carved up his meat and impaled the fires with his fork. 

 "How's school?" Simen swallowed a piece of meat.

"Well, it's great. Especially with my girl by my side it even makes it better." Simen poked Penelope in the side. She yanked a bit, smiling. "Well, we're glad you two found each other." Carol passed the sauce over to Penelope. 

"I'm glad our daughter isn't gay or worse bi- sexual. " Her father drank from the glass, casting a look on his wife. Penelope coughed, curling her fist bending down. She placed her hand on her chest. "Excuse me", she pushed the chair aside. "Are you alright dear?" her mother's eyes widened. her mouth was straight as a line. Penelope threw a thumbs-up spriting to the bathroom. She locked the door. sagging down till her but met the floor. Drying her tears rolling down her cheeks repeatedly. She flipped the water faucet, bending her back and leaning with her hands on the sink. 

Why do I keep holding on?  Doesn't Stephen deserve to know to the truth? Penelope dried her face with a white towel, taking a few breaths before pressing the door handle down.  

Stephen noticed Penelope's phone laying on her chair. She must have left it again. Did he trust his lover enough? Where was his loyalty? Curiosity took over him, in a snap he opened the text messages. 

"Do you want some more cheesecake, Stephen?" Carols voice drew him away from the text, she was studying his face. he peeked fastly up from his girlfriend's phone.  Counseling it under the table. She went to the kitchen. Nothing interesting, texts from her parents. A name seized his interest. Syliva. 

Haven't you told him yet? a text in a yellow box forms the sender.  Penelope had gotten into defense position in the next move. How can I bring myself to tell him, I don't love him anymore. 

But Penelope didn't know either that he had lost himself, perhaps too much. She wasn't his first priority anymore.  The first months were the easiest in every relationship, the suspicion and the deadly jealously no one could outrun it. And all the secrets of course. 

Stephen quickly placed her phone in the same position as he picked it in. "Everything alright?" Penelope stared at him, you look as pale as a ghost. "You're probably right, I don't feel so good." A small hint of red undertones colored her face, she must have washed her face in the sink.  "I'm devastated Mrs. Ripley, I must go. " Stephen raised from his chair, kissing his lovers  cheek. 

Penelope picked up her phone and opened it on a blank side in messages. Her hands stood still before she taped. I want to end the relationship, it's not working out anymore.  Penelope deleted the text and taped on the keyboard. Wanna grab some coffee later? Her clap phone was a grey one with stiffening buttons. Scratches were under the phone after it dropped out of her pocket when she has to reach the bus.  Stephen had offered that he could buy her a brand new smartphone, the newest model too. penelope disliked that idea, it would seem that he bragged about how much his fortune was. Not that he couldn't afford it. Money was no problem in that family.  

Sure, baby. The new message came on the inbox. With a winky face. She threw her self on the bed, sighing. She must have fallen asleep. Shot, she was going to meet Stephen. She threw her coat on and scurried out the door. Fortunately, he lived not more than 10 mins away from the town. She skipped on the pavement until the cafe building came into sight. "Easy little lady!" The car in front of her toothed with the driver in the front seat shouted out the open window. She rubbed her eyes. Crossing the road to her destination. 

Penelope peaked inside, with her palms on the glass. It's Stephen. A woman comes walking sitting down with him. A white dress covered in small cherries, on her head she carries red Berne. She leans gently on his shoulder staring at each other. In the next Stephen pulls her close planting his hand on her neck bending over to kiss the girl. The stranger giggles throwing her head back, clapping. 

Penelope backs away from the window Panting, her eyes bug out. She places her hand over her mouth.  opening the door to the cafe. Sophisticated she sauntered to their space. They had taken her custom place. Hers and Stephen, no hers. "Lier!" Penelope dragged him, her eyes were frozen on his. His furious face, she tightened her fists. 

"Stephen, who is this?" the young lady stares at him. Tapping his shoulder, Stephen stood up from the couch. Putting himself in front of the new girl. 

"I'm his girlf.." Penelope put her hands on her waist, standing tall, shooting her chest forward. Tilting her head, her eyes shrank into her eye sockets. 

"She's just my ex-girlfriend. No worries. And she is about to leave." Stephen stroke his hand on her shoulder, before turning to Penelope. 

Penelope, picks up the lady's glass and spilling the liquid over Stephen. His new girlfriend yelled covered her face, some of the liquid came onto her dress. She grasped, "Idiot!" she complained throwing her hands into the air. Penelope dashed out, her shoes clicked against the floor. "yeah, run little woman. You should be ashamed of yourself." The roaring voice of Stephens new girlfriend echoed after her. 

A woman sitting behind them drinks from her Americano with no sugar in it. She's having her hair put in a loose basic braid. With copper ombre on her strands of hair. A pair of round shaped glasses sits high on her nose. A couple of baby hairs hangs in her face, framing her oval face. She didn't turn to see, but form the conversation she understood crystal clear what the fuss was all about. 

"Gay, B...!" Stephens hatred screamed through the screen at her. The noises from the traffic, cars, and people walking past her disappeared, she couldn't focus. Automatically her right hand taped the message. 

  F*** you. Penelope clicked on the send button. Clamp holding her phone, she strolled in the direction of her home. Tears finally flushed over, onto her face. She oppressed her rage, tempting to let out a howl, but nothing came out. Instead, shivers surged around in her veins. She wiped tears off her face with her palms.