Chapter 3- A change of heart

"Wrong cup, yours is over there." The girl pointed to the neighbor counter. Penelope chuckled, before picking up her order. As she leaned on the counter, Penelope drew a short smile shaking her head.
"Besides I don't like chai latte." The woman spoke in a negative tone. It's too much of other things than just coffee." shaking her head.
"I'm Angelica. Angelica Fern." she drew her hand forward, Penelope chuckled, before taking her hand. The whole cafe was filled up with people, so in the first turn, they had to stand before getting a spot. "We should just go another cafe, the coffee will be cooled before we can enjoy it." The new stranger pointed out to the door. Penelope nodded, she took another sharp turn around a couple of people. Following straight behind Angelica.

Folks moved automatically to the side when they both trampled they way forward. Some stared frantically at the girls before turning back to their partners or friends. Angelica held up the door with her body weight leaning on the door, letting Penelope pass before her.

"Which school are you enrolled at?" her new companion drew a smile, as she took a sip from her cup.

"California State University just here in Florida," Penelope spoke, keeping her eyes peeled on her new associate.

"Daytona state college," in the art department." She presented proudly, smirking. Her body was leaned forward against the table. For a brief moment, their fingers touched each other. Angelica pulled back her hand.

"Really?" Penelope blinked fastly, leaning her head sideways. grinning. She noticed a red notebook, in the woman's rucksack. Her companion studied her face. "I study Watercolor and pottery." Angelica shoved the rucksack under the table with her left foot discreetly as she wished not her associate to peek into her bag.

"Shoot, I got to dash. I have an appointment with a customer." Angelica took a chugged the last coffee before putting it down.

"Sure, go." Penelope threw her hand in the air, before leaning her chin on it.

"Next Friday too?" Angelica drew on a napkin her number, call me if it's anything you like to talk about." Penelope's stomach bubbled with joy, it was like she had been on a roller coaster she was still enjoying the ride. Her handwriting was gorgeous, the letters were written elegantly, cursive writing.
Her denim jack was ripped on her left arm, on the back bold letter stated I'm with the rebellions. Her hair complimented the color of the jacket. copper ombre with dark brunette hair, almost the same as hers. Perhaps she could color her hair in the same style, not copper. Perhaps sea blue or dark pink. No, it would make her just a copycat. A beep from the cell phone rang. Her hands flicked it open. "I've made dinner, I expect you to be home soon."

Penelope tapped the number in on the phone, glaring on the napkin she got earlier today. She undresses herself stepping into the shower. Letting the water from the showerhead devour her skinny hair flowing down on her body. she dabs her towel, a ring buzzes from the phone. Catch ya later, Penny. The last text message stood, Penelope stroke the buttons with her hands. She clapped the phone shut, bringing it up to her cheek. Even if Angelica wasn't here she could always sense her. Perhaps she could get a new phone soon, first, she didn't think it would matter which phone model she had. But maybe it was time to get a new one.

As usual, she went downstairs for dinner, "You seem happier than usual." Her mother commented glancing at her. Penelope sighed, raising her shoulders. Simen rested both of his elbows in the table, he leaned in his head in his hand. With his feet planted on the floor. Today's menu was pizza, her mother has made it form an Italian recipe. Tomatoes, mozzarella, pesto, and dough.

"Have you gotten a new boy?" her father tore a piece of pizza with his mouth, chewing endlessly. Penelopes eyes narrowed, shaking her head in disapproval. Gazing at her mother waiting for her response, "Let's not talk about it, she might not have recovered after the last breakup." Carol sliced the rest of the pizza with her fork and knife, addressing to her husband.

Penelope left the table, Her father face was hard and serious. "At least you can tell us where you're going!" shouted after her as she took her shoes and coat on.

"I got your text." Penelope kept a modest pace, while her boots clicked against the pavement. Snow crystals danced in the air a couple landed on her shoulder.

"As expected." The familiar voice of her lover marked. The continues down the road. The light signs contrasted the mood of the weather. Snowy with the sky darkened. About to turn around the corner Penelope tumbled forward, stepping on Angelica's toes, she stunned. her partner quickly stabilized her by holding her waist. "I'm so sorry." She apologized, her gaze went to the ground. A hand lifted her chin.

"No, it's fine. I got ya." the corners of her mouth turned up with beaming eyes. Penelope stroke her cheek caress. Angelica bends over to kiss her, their bodies collided, swaying for a bit. Penelope responds to the kiss. She placed her hands on her hip and shoulders. the kisses were short and playful. "oh, that a little new." her new lover moned. The snow crystals were covering her strands, they melted from their shapes. Penelope clapped her cheeks, the prickling in her chins sent chills through her.

"To me, you're the whole world," her partner leaned close into her left ear, smirking. " I believe you," Penelope bent her neck over to the side for Angelica. Her hands brushed on Angelica's arms. She formed duck lips and kissed her lover on the cheek playfully." Angel, We can't stand like frozen statues in the street. People might stare," Penelope's head shrank into her shoulders, she kept rubbing her palms into each other. Her girlfriend responded by stroking her back carefully, immediately after she released her hunched shoulders.

"Who cares? let them." Angelica cut her off. As her forehead creased, before softening. as their heads were resting on each other's shoulders as they strolled down the avenue. Penelope touched her lover's hand before Angelica responded with creeping her palm into hers.

"Merry Christmas, honey," Penelope whispered into her partner's ear, giving her a nuss before leaving. The square package rested, dolled up with a blue paper, decorated with a golden lace over it. To my dearest Penelope, happy Christmas.

Penelope zapped her new Polaroid camera. The pictures were magnificent, the first picture that slid out was one were Penelopes hand were braided into Angelica's hands. They both wore the same bracelet, silver with a single seashell. Engraved with the date of their relationship start. july the14th.

Angelica had drawn her in a profile pose, standing. I could have been a drawing form the western moves when the sheriff nailed the poster up in the town of a wanted person. The face resembled her perfectly. She hung it up on the wall over her desk.

Penelope woke up, feeling nauseated. She had laid on something hard, metal to be exact. She picked it up, holding the bracelet in her hand. Angelica, it was no doubt Angelica's. She must have left it by accident. Or did she?

Why did she always think like this? Didn't she trust her girlfriend? She needed air, just to get away from her distressing thoughts. Her mother stepped into her daughter's bedroom. Clothes were laying stacked into her dirty laundry box, the pile had grown for a time. She poured the clothes on the floor picking them up with her hands. Something rough was inside her jeans. Her fingers fished it up from the pocket. A bracelet, she studied it, turning it around. The engraving spoke clearly, to my dearest Angelica forever yours. Penelope
Her mother placed in her pocket leaving the room in the state it had been before.