Chapter 4- Sitting duck

With a note attached to her locker, "Lesbian filth" written with block letters. Stephen, that damn boy. Penelope tore the note down crumbling it to pieces. Screwing in the numbers to open her locker.  As she sauntered in the halls to head for class. Today was different, as all eyes were on her. She was watched, when she turned around people stopped staring and pretended as nothing was wrong. A girl whispered into her friend's ear but stopped as she passed by. 
"Miss Ripley, are you with us?" Her teacher stood upright in class, crossing his arms. Mr. Flinch stated holding himself upright by his catheter. 

"She's probably busy thinking about her new hoe. What's her name again? Say her name." One of the boys called her out mimicking Angelica making sexual sounds. The whole class laughed.
Penelope took her schoolbag rushing out the door. Pushing the door open to the girl's toilet, her hands trembling washing her face, her mascara came off as steaks running down her face. Rage and confusion stirred inside her, the whole school knew her sexuality. Shame. Was the only word popping up in her head.
Penelope took up her phone a tapped the buttons until her mother's number came up. She clicked the confirm button and dialed the number. Her mother voicemail played over the phone. Finishing with the sentence I'll call you back as soon as I can. 

"I need you to come and pick me up at the school." Penelope's shaky voice rang out, as she clapped her phone shut. Finally, after seven attempts, her mother's voice rang at the other end of the phone. Her smooth voice helped her calm down. Finally, she instructed her daughter to wait in the park next to the school.  The car took a sharp swing, as the glass was lowered out Carol's face appeared. "Just drive." Her mother tilted her head. 

"Just drive for god's sake!" Penelope snapped hitting the door with her fist. Her mother flinched, as she stared with a cracked face. Her foot pulled out the clutch and she steered the free hand the shifter and fastly shifted over on the gas peddle. The car accelerated and the tiers screamed. When they arrived home Penelope rang upstairs, kicking off he shoes. A voice stopped her. Father. 

"What happened darling? The school teacher called saying you stormed out if the class after a student made comments about a girl named Angelica. Her mother shut the door behind her. 

"Let me start. How could you do this to us? You know what I feel about it. Did you just hide it, so you're gay now or? The comment hit like a trainwreck. She was a sitting duck right now at this moment.  Her father's eyes were shining with hate and disapproval. His posture was straight and stiff. As he tapped his foot.  

"Simen." Her mother tugged on his shirt. He held his arm in front of her, signalizing her to stay back.  Penelope wanted so badly make a run for it. But inside her, she wouldn't get too far before her father would catch up with her. 

"I wanted to tell you about it when the time was right, but not until then." She stammered, twining her fingers, she couldn't meet his face. His shadow was towering over her. 

"Give me your phone. You're grounded for the next months." His lips were tightly shut, his forehead furrowed and his nostrils were flared. with Simens, arms were crossed overlapping each other.  As he ripped the phone out of her hand. He stomped on it, smashing it to pieces. Penelope dived after it, as she tried to put the pieces back together. As a knife pierced through the organs, she burned up. He raised his hand as over his head, as he about delivered a blow to her face. In the last second, before his hand hit her in the face, he dropped it. Penelope's shoulders shrank and she curled together like a ball. 

Please, don't do this to me." Penelope couldn't hold back anymore, tears were running down her face.  Her lips trembled, she closed her eyes as the poll of stinging tears continued to fall. Narrowing her face at the ground, she made her way to the stairs. Her father pulled her arm. "Stop, you're hurting me!" His grip tightened, her mother had vanished from the scene. 

"You're not allowed to have any forms of contact with this girl, are we clear? From now on I'll drive you to school every day. You'll prioritize school and education before this girl." Pointing to her room. Her legs were stuck in syrup as she subbed up to the stairs.  Turning her head around to see her fathers judgmental face.