Chapter 5- Endgame

"If you can't handle your daughter's sexuality, then there's nothing for you left here. " Carol's voice was clear and sharp. never in her life had her mother raised her voice, until now. 
"Mother..." her daughter's voice trembled. Carol stepped forward and she shielded her daughter. She held her head high and as she tightened her fists turned pale. 

"or, then I'll leave you both behind." Her father thundered, as his rage built up, he took a huge step forward. 

"That will be your loss "She knew which buttons to press, he wouldn't risk losing her and his beloved daughter. She stepped forward and their faces were inches from each other. As she could feel his breath on her face, as she reached put to listen to his heart. He jerked away, his eyes were large. 

"you wouldn't." Her rockhard voice fought. As tears pricked her eyes she blinked it away. 

" trust me, I'll do anything in my way to keep her from you. To get full child custom." She waved a hand to her daughter to leave the house. The clouds were gathering, as almost as gray cotton. She made her way downtown. Stepping into the cafe she made her way to the desk when a familiar face stood in the crowd, this person had a ripped denim jacket written I'm with the rebellions her hair ends was colored in copper. 

"Angelica!" Penelope sprinted after her as fast as her feet could carry her. Her girlfriend continued forward with her head held high. "Stop!" As she jumped over the car, the diver honked the horn aggressively and shouted on her to watch herself. The pavement was harsh and she smashed into the pit of water.  She got up from the dirt and the walk to turned to a jog, then a full sprit. Angelica had started to run to. Penelope snatched her companion's wrist and pulled back, standing her ground. 

"Get off me! Get off!" She punched around her, a puch to her face caught Penelope off guard, shocked Angelica stopped. She put her hands over mouth. Penelope massaged her chin. Her chin and nose aced. 

"You left me hanging, not know what actually happened was harder than anything." Angelica's voice cracked. 

"Do you have any slightest idea what happened? I was mocked every fucking day  of school." Angelica shouted. As her eyes were filled up with water. She wiped it away swiftly. 

"I tried to contact you, I was without a phone for 3 months." But I was under observance from my dad. He threatened to throw me on the street several times if I took action to rebel under his watch." Penelope's arms flew around her she spoke. Her girlfriend took a step back, her eyes were melancholic as she nibbled the bottom of her lip.  As she about to leave, Penelope seized her griping laying her hands around her. "Let me go!" Pushed her arms at her lover. As she struggled to get free Angelica banged her back with her fists, shaking from the shock and sorrow. Penelope closed her eyes and kept squeezing her, rocking together with her. "Sorry." Like she was lying on her deathbed she whispered into her ears. "I'll love you this life and the next life." Her girlfriends sobbing made her throat tighten as she was under water reaching out a hand to get to the surface, she knew it wasn't from the rainwater poured on her face. It was tears.

"I love you." Her quivering voice spoke as Angelica was clinging onto her. "I know, my love. I know" Penelope griped her jacket pulling her close into her, her partner responded with a hard kiss on the mouth. Needy, but passionate. Her lips were cracked but at the same time tasting of raspberry smoothie. She didn't care anymore.  Penelope embraced her furthermore. They stood their ground. The world could watch it wouldn't matter anymore. 

"This is Angelica, my girlfriend," Penelope spoke let Angelica step forward behind her back. Her father's grave face softened into a smile. As he closed the door.  And her mother's apple pie smell found the way into their nostrils.