Chapter Four | A Bratty Carriage Journey Part II

Mortification was written all over her face, and the sight was oddly pleasing to him for reasons unknown as he sat on top of her. She was comfy. He blinked, staring down at her as he tried to find the comfiest perch he could despite her frantic squirms. "You..." she stuttered, a strangely adorable sound, her cheeks flushed a bright rosy red. "You—!" Leviathan grinned, spying the redness creeping up to the tips of her ears as he continued to sit on her. "Get off!"

"You make a rather comfy seat, though... Noisy, but comfy," he mumbled, more to himself than anyone else. It wasn't as if the brat was listening to him. He doubted she'd listened to anyone before. "Though I suppose this is a rather undignified position..." He leant down, watching the outrage creeping across her face. "Outside of the bedroom, at least..."

"Like hell you'll ever get me in there, you shameless bastard!"

He clicked his tongue. "At least try to refrain from calling me that in public," he said, a hint of exasperation lining his expression as he glared down at her, amusement fading away the longer she continued to squirm. Still, he couldn't resist the strange urge to tease her some more. He was beginning to enjoy watching her squirm. "Otherwise I might just have to take you over my knee and treat you like the little brat you are."

She hissed up at him, fangs gleaming in the dimming light. There was no real need for the lamps, aside from for his dear fiancée's sake, since he had excellent night vision. Kaliana's was significantly less so, and somehow he doubted she'd enjoy being stuck in the darkness with him, no matter how many interesting situations they might've ended up in. "Try it and I'll claw your eyeballs out."

Leviathan chuckled. It was adorable she actually thought she'd be able to do that. "With what?" he purred, tilting his head as he stared down at her.

Her eye twitched, evidently remembering about her neatly rounded black claws. He'd trimmed them nicely, like the talented prince he was. Nail care was oddly important, especially when one was trying to give off the impression of a noble prince.

He smiled. "I'll always win," he said, resisting the urge to pinch her cheeks as they puffed up like a chiraz's. The resemblance he found between her and the adorable pets he raised was slightly alarming. Leviathan paused, the thought suddenly occurring to him. Was he treating his new dear fiancée as another one of the adorable fluffy animals he'd picked up here and there on his travels? He'd always loved teasing his little pets, even if they hadn't understood him and his language. Perhaps that was why he had the inclination to torment his new little fiancée.

"Arrogant git," she muttered, looking determinedly towards the other side of the carriage – anywhere that didn't involve seeing him. "Why anyone would willingly want to marry you, I have no idea..."

Sighing quietly, he glanced at the window to their side, all the while keeping her in the corner of his eye. He didn't think she'd try anything rash, like jumping out of the carriage while his back was turned, but it'd be better to be safe than sorry. She was a complete brat, and he was fairly sure she'd do plenty of things in the future just to spite him. Oh but make no mistake, he'd get his revenge. His smile turned dark, mind already plotting away, silently coming up with ideas he'd be sure to get away with.

"In this world, looks more often than not outweigh personality," he explained, staring at the three moons hanging low in the sky. Ulna. Skora. Demorg. He listed them off in his brain, proving the many astronomy lectures he'd been subjected to had paid off in the end. "Then, there's my status to consider, brat," he continued, supressing the shudder as he remembered how he'd somehow developed a fan club. They'd loved following him when he went to the astronomy tower. Sometimes, he still twitched when he heard movement behind him in the corridor, but the age of his fan club was over. Most of them were dead and buried in the ground, thanks to those assassins intent of destroying any sort of legacy he might be able to leave behind. He picked his book back up, standing up, sitting down on the other bench as his fiancée sat up faster than he'd ever seen her move before.