Chapter Twenty: Bratty Dreams Part II

Kaliana was fairly sure she looked like a tomato.

Her face was bright red, puffed out as she huffed loudly, and she felt dizzy... though maybe the annoying prince was crushing her ribs slightly as he continued to cuddle her. He hadn't let her up ever since he'd pinned her to the bed what felt like hours ago – it wasn't really. It had been fifteen minutes at most.

And she was still his teddy bear.

Begrudgingly, of course.

Despite how her body had sunk back into his quite comfortably. She blamed her vampire instincts, as well as her hormones.

Apparently, it was all part of bedroom etiquette, which he'd proudly informed the ones instructed to get them out of bed.

Kaliana had no doubts the rest of the palace was already awash with rumours about vampire babies and how the two were probably in the middle of something.

At least nobody would be bothering them again anytime soon.

Nobody could see her embarrassment.

"Can you let go of me already?" she asked, scowling as he pulled her even closer.

His leg covered her own, pinning her lower body to the bed... not that she'd have been able to wriggle out of his grasp before. He was far too strong.

He probably had excellent stamina too, she mused, ears burning as she realised exactly what she was thinking. There was no way in hell she was... procreating... with that bastard. Though that didn't seem to stop him from getting comfy though.

"No," he said, resting his head on top of her own. "You're far too comfy."

Silently, Kaliana wished she was a hedgehog. Sure they were cute, but nobody tried to cuddle them for a reason. They were prickly, and she wanted to be just that outside of her snark.

"What do you want from me?" she grumbled, far too exasperated to try and argue with him.

Her voice would probably end up as a squeak.

Especially seeing as he was dressed only in a dressing gown and a pair of boxers.

"There are a lot of things I want from you, my sweet little brat," he purred, his voice as smooth as velvet next to her ear. "Your innocence, for one."

"Fuck off."

He sighed. "Why is that your default response whenever I mention anything about sticking 'my thingy' inside you?"

Kaliana scowled.

He was never going to let that go.

"Well you aren't getting that anytime soon, so just request something else and let go of me already!" she growled.

"Fine."

Kaliana blinked, instantly on guard.

He was going to let her go that easily?

"Let me kiss you, then," he said, nibbling at her ear – no doubt feeling the heat it was giving off. "On the lips, of course."

Kaliana spluttered, thrashing desperately in his hold. Kissing was a fairly intimate thing to do, and usually on the bed it led onto... even more intimate activities.

"You know you want to."

She stiffened, spinning around to face him, glaring at him darkly. "Fine. I'll do it!"

"Oh, and one more thing..." he said quickly. "You aren't allowed to bite my tongue unless you want to be stuck eating meals on my lap until we've consummated our marriage."

She twitched, silently weighing the options.

Biting his tongue sounded very satisfying... but being stuck at the dining table on his lap in front of everyone... less so.

"Turn around then, if you're ready," he purred, loosening his grip on her... but Kaliana had no doubts if she tried to escape he'd be on her in seconds.

So there was only one way to get out of his hold.

Grin and bear it.

She turned around, gritting her teeth as she readied herself for the onslaught. She wasn't going to enjoy this. Not in the slightest.

Fingers brushed her chin, a thumb gently tugging at it, her lips parting ever so slightly, and then he was on her.

His lips met hers, tongue snaking through the gap, all but prying the tiny gap between her teeth open as he decided to evidently kiss the living daylights out of her. It was rough, not hesitant in the slightest as the taste of his saliva filled her mouth, mixed with the blood he'd drunk a few minutes before.

She liked the taste of blood.

Any vampire did.

And he knew it.

He was cheating, dammit.

Kaliana closed her eyes, embarrassment written across her face as she occasionally licked his tongue with her own – and only for the blood.

If his tongue was going to be stuck in her mouth, why wouldn't she get some satisfaction – solely from the blood, of course – from it too?

He was certainly getting his fill.

She didn't know how long it took for him to pull back, but eventually he did as she was left feeling oddly empty. She stared up at him, oddly paralysed, blinking every once in a while, before she snapped back to reality.

"Hurry up and let me go, bastard," she grumbled.

"Well, those weren't the pretty little pink lips I wanted to stick my tongue between, but I suppose they'll do for now," he mumbled, seemingly ignoring her.

"I've held up my end of the bargain, bastard!"

"Have you, now?" he asked, a sensual, mocking smile pulling at his lips. "Because I didn't specify how many times I wanted to kiss those pretty little lips of yours, brat."

"Fuck."