Chapter Thirteen | A Bratty Fight

Kaliana groaned, smashing her bright red face into her pillows as sunlight streamed in through the curtains. Her dreams had been infected, and not in a good way. She'd dreamt of him... of that bastard... She shook her head, silently willing away the images burned into her brain. His fingers couldn't be that soft. She shuddered. It was just a dream... a dream about all the things they probably should've done last night, only it was hotter, crazier, and apparently in the dream she'd been a very willing participant. A hot flush crept up past her cheeks and she threw her covers back, gathering her things ready for a bath. She'd wash away the feeling of his soft fingertips trailing over her skin, pinching at her—

"No. No. No." She shook her head a second time. Her thoughts couldn't veer in that direction. Kaliana refused. "That bastard isn't hot. He's a cold icy git."

Silently, she mulled over the idea of a cold bath, wrapping her arms around herself as the cool morning air hit her skin. A cold bath wouldn't help her. There was no need for one. She wasn't attracted to him in the slightest, besides the large pool of water sunk into the ground was calling her. Steam rose from it, the light from the spotlights in the white ceiling high above her casting light down on the exquisite bathroom. It was fancy, just as expected of the palace. She'd barely had the time to admire it when she'd been getting ready for the damned wedding ceremony. Her nerves had been eating her alive. Sighing quietly, she stripped off, clothes puddling on the ground. The jets of the shower worked wonders on her tense shoulders, though they weren't quite as good as Leviathan's hands. Kaliana felt her face turn bright red again, dread pooling in her stomach as she pushed the traitorous thoughts to one side. She hated her fair skin sometimes. Her blush showed up far too easily, and that meant Leviathan would be sure to notice. Sure to tease her.

She scrubbed the suds of the shampoo from her hair, rinsing it through quickly before she finally tugged a towel around herself and edged into the water. A sigh of relief escaped her lips as her feet met the ground, ensuring the little pool wasn't too deep. She probably ought to have left her towel on the side – she'd never needed one before, but for some reason she felt oddly exposed.

"Beg," the soft purr in his voice had her mewling underneath him as his lips hovered only inches above her own.

Kaliana groaned, splashing water on her face, determined to scrub away her blush along with those thoughts. It was no doubt the reason why she felt she needed a towel to cover herself up in her own bathroom.

His fangs pricked at her neck, tongue lapping at the beads of blood welling up on her pale skin. "I told you I'd make you beg." Fingers wove through her hair. "What a pretty sight it is..." he murmured, icy eyes staring down at her so intently she shivered in anticipation. "I'll have to get you in this position more often."

She'd been scarred for life. There was no mistaking it. Shivering, she sunk deeper into the water, sighing quietly at its warmth. Her enjoyment only lasted a few seconds though. The sounds of splashing made her freeze, gaze darting over to the wall dividing her bathroom and Leviathan's rooms. It wasn't much of a wall. The bottom part of it was missing, the water connecting their two bathrooms as she soon found out. A head of messy black hair emerged from the water, familiar blue eyes locking on her own, a small smug smile on his lips.

"How sweet..." he murmured, ignorant of her shallow breaths, his voice dropping a few octaves as those icy blue eyes rose to meet hers. "You're practically dripping..."

Kaliana pulled the towel closer around herself, grateful she'd listened to her instincts and worn it into the bath – otherwise she'd have been completely naked in the bath with her loving husband. Her cheeks turned bright red, flickering her gaze away as he stood to his full height, trudging over towards her.