Chapter Fourteen: A Brat's Manners Part I

The discovery of the lack of a partition between their baths wasn't the only horrifying part of the day, but it was certainly the start of it. Leviathan's gaze kept dipping below face height, and his comments about her actually having 'a figure' grated on her nerves. Not to mention his teasing voice brought up memories from her dream... and that was one thing she couldn't stand. There was no way in hell she was getting into bed with him willingly. Nor was she going to tell him he'd 'won'. In fact, the next chance she got, she'd be clawing out his eyes with vengeance. She'd also use the duct tape he kept mentioning to clamp his own lips shut.

God help her if he mentioned the sweet curve of her arse one more time...

Her eyebrow twitched as she tried to tune him out as they walked towards the dining room for what Leviathan was calling 'her first lesson in manners' – and it was one she sorely needed according to him.

Apparently it had something to do with her attitude and constant death threats towards him that he didn't deserve for some reason.

Kaliana wondered what that reason was.

"It's a shame traditions force you to wear that stuffy dress... it hides all those delectable curves of yours," he purred, taking her hand in his own. "Though I suppose it wouldn't be very proper for others to see them. They're mine, and mine alone."

She turned her head to the side, blatantly ignoring him.

His game was simple in her eyes. He wanted to rile her up for some stupid reason, and no way in hell was she going to let him.

At least she hoped she wasn't.

Her husband made her lose control.

In all the wrong ways.

"Aww... Honeybun, what's wrong?" he asked. "Did you want to have a threesome or something?"

Kaliana choked.

"It can be arranged if you'd like."

Her face turned red, her ears burning as she tried to stop her hands from lunging for his neck. "I'm fine... thank you... dear..." she spat out, her gaze promising a painful death she'd no doubt be unable to follow through with.

"Aww..." His hand let go of hers, his fingers pinching at her cheeks as they stopped walking. "You're so cute when you get all homicidal, pookie."

"When am I not?"

"Cute or homicidal?" He tilted his head, staring down at her with an oddly innocent expression.

She scowled. "Hurry up and get me to the damn table already."

"So I can eat you up for breakfast?" he purred, his fangs dropping as he licked his lips. "That sounds tasty..."

"Eat me?" She shrunk away from him.

"Wow... Do you really not know what I'm insinuating here?" he asked, placing both hands on her waist as he searched her expression. "Oh this is just gold..."

"I'm not sure I want to know."

"I'll give you a hint. It involves my head between your legs... and possibly some moaning and delighted screaming on your end," Leviathan said, a smirk pulling at his lips as she felt another wave of heat rush to her face.

"I didn't want to know."

"Tough luck," he said, pushing open the doors to what she assumed to be the dining room.

It was large, as she'd come to expect from any room inside the palace, and there was a long table situated inside. There was no one else inside, though Kaliana didn't know whether to be thankful for that or not. Leviathan would probably be annoying either way, she supposed... so it was probably better she didn't have an audience to witness her humiliation.

The tablecloth was silver, two places set next to each other at the end much to her annoyance. She was being forced to sit next to him.

With a set of cutlery at her disposal.

Sharp cutlery.

"Sit down, brat," he ordered, pulling out her chair, draping himself across the back of it as he watched her eye it warily. "It won't bite. I promise."

Scowling, she stomped forwards, sitting down in the chair with a huff.

Unfortunately, Leviathan had decided it'd be a good idea to move the chair at that exact moment – so rather than the nice soft seat she'd been expected, she met the hard wood floor. "You—"

"Lesson one, my sweet little brat," he spoke, a low growl rumbling in his chest. "Your dinner guests won't always be polite to you – especially when it's just you and them. The more power they think they have, the more likely they'll try something stupid."

"Arsehole."

"Would you prefer to be made a fool of yourself?" he asked, leaning ever closer to her. "I'm doing this all for you, brat. I don't want my dear sweet wife to be the laughingstock of the entire continent."

"You're already managing that just fine."

He crouched down beside her. "I'm showing them I care."

"What have you been inhaling?!"

"You're delectable scent."

She sat back up, sighing deeply as she plonked herself firmly on her chair. "Just shut up."

"No." He smiled.

Kaliana stabbed his foot with her heel.

He sniggered. "Feisty."