Chapter Fifteen: A Brat's Manners Part II

Kaliana fumed, stabbing a carrot with her fork angrily – silently imagining it was Leviathan's head. The annoying prince in question was sitting next to her, much to her annoyance, eating beside her quietly. He occasionally leant over to correct her, careful to avoid the 'accidental' stabs of her cutlery. Though he did look rather amused when she tried to stab him with a spoon.

"Your technique is terrible..."

She scowled. "I think I've gathered that, given how you've said that a hundred times already!" Venom dripped from her words.

"Need me to show you how it's done?" he asked, spearing a carrot on his fork, holding it up to her lips. "Open wide."

"Fuck—"

"There," he said sweetly, ignoring the look she sent his way as she begrudgingly chewed on her food. "That's how you use a fork."

Kaliana set down her cutlery, sighing deeply before she lost all of her self-control... not that there had been much in the first place. She grabbed a handful of mashed potatoes, shoving it in his face, jamming two fingers inside his mouth with vengeance.

To his credit, he didn't gag. Instead settling for swallowing the mash, his teeth clamping down gently on her fingers. He wasn't about to mutilate his wife though, and Kaliana soon found her fingers being cleaned.

"You should really be the one licking my fingers..." Leviathan smirked, watching as she yanked her hand back as soon as he released her. "It'd be good practice."

"Burn in hell."

"I'm so hot, I know..."

She took that as her cue to shut her mouth, focusing her attention back on her lunch.

"Oh, so you don't disagree?"

She closed her eyes. "Your arrogance astounds me."

"Ooo, you're using big words again... How cute..." he purred, pinching her cheek. "I'll have to try and teach you a few more ones, so you can at least sound intelligent."

"Fucking die!" she snarled, stabbing at him with her pathetically blunt knife.

He caught her wrist, deftly twisting the knife out of her grasp, yanking her into his lap. His arms wrapped around her, pinning her own to her sides. "Was it something I said?" he asked, his breath brushing against her neck as he leant down towards her.

Kaliana froze.

She didn't like her new position in the slightest.

"I'd try to avoid any vigorous exercise – like trying to kill me," he said. "You have just been poisoned, after all."

"Eh?"

He grinned. "I slipped it in when you weren't looking."

"What?" She struggled not to stutter.

"Oh relax. It was only a small dose..." He sounded far too cheerful. "It might make you feel a bit ill, but don't worry." He nipped at her ear, chuckling quietly. "Your dear husband will nurse you back to health."

"Really now?"

Leviathan laughed. "I must say... I'm enjoying this little sassy side that seems to be coming out... before you were stomping around throwing temper tantrums..."

"I can throw one right now!" she growled, squirming in his hold, slamming her feet into the ground. "Let me go, dammit!"

"No."

"Bastard!"

"Why must that be your default insult?" He sighed. "It's getting boring."

"Halfwit!"

"You can insult me without swearing?" He blinked, resting his head on top of her hair. "Aww, you're growing up!"

"Why the fuck did you poison me?!" Kaliana snarled, thrashing about in his arms, giving up on her quest to try and insult him.

"Relax. Unlike you, I'm not trying to kill my loving partner..."

"Loving my arse."

Leviathan cocked his head. "What is it with you and your arse? Anyone else would think you're trying to tell me something..."

"Shove off!"

"You need to build a resistance to poisons," he said, smirking as he felt her twitch at the sudden shift in conversation. "Unless you'd rather be poisoned at an important venue... that'd be rather annoying."

"Of course it would."

He nodded. "Yeah, I'd have to nurse you back to health... give you sponge baths and everything..."

"You're an arse."

"Again with the arses... you sure you don't want me to shove something up yours?"

Kaliana scoffed. "I'd concentrate on the stick lodged up your own first."

"You want to pull it out for me?"

"Like hell!"