>5<

Percy's POV

I walked to my locker with my head down. When I finally reached my locker, I put away my books. I then reluctantly made my way to the gymnasium.

Gym. I hate gym more than anything else. Actually, not more than step-dad. But that's besides the point. We always play dodge-ball, and I always lose. That's thanks to Luke Castellan. Every single week, since freshman year, Luke hits me with a dodge-ball, and I have to sit out. I don't really mind sitting out, that's the best part of gym. Now, the 'being hit with a dodge-ball' part is not so fun.

I don't know what happened to Luke. We used to be best friends. When it came to Silena, he was always on my side. He never thought that I was a—

"Sorry." I looked up to see who I had bumped into. Oh lovely, its Chase.

"Watch it, Asshole." she growled.

"Well someone's in a peppy mood." I said sarcastically.

"Did you not just hear me?" She narrowed her eyes at me, glaring up, grey on green. Her eyes were stormier than usual, as if I was looking through a window at a stormy sky, lightning flashing dangerously.

"Yeesh. Sorry." I kept walking, keeping my head down.

I finally made it to the boys' locker room, and, surprisingly, without harassment from the jocks. I quickly changed into my gym uniform and ran to catch up with everyone else.

"Alright, cupcakes!" Coach Hedge yelled. "As usual, we will be playing dodge-ball!" There was a collective groan from some students, whilst the jocks smiled evilly. "I will be choosing teams." Coach began calling out names. "Percy, blue team." I walked to the right side of the gym. "Luke, red team." Yippee.

Everyone was sorted on each side of the gym. Luke smiled at me cruelly. "Alright, and go!" Coach blew his whistle. And so my torment begins.

I was able to hide in the back for a good amount of time, before someone called my name. "Jackson! Get out there!"

Thanks Coach. I walked to the front. Luke seemed to perk up at the mention of me. He finally caught sight of me and smirked. Shit. He grabbed a ball that had just been thrown at him. He stood in ready position to send this ball hurdling into my gut. I know what you're thinking, Percy, just run. The ball won't hit you. Well, dear reader, I learned my lesson long ago that Luke would get me—whether it's dodge-ball or some other twisted idea of his. He will always find a way to get to me. Luke was seconds away from throwing this ball, until someone burst through the gym doors. Everything and everyone stopped, and turned to look at who had come. I turned to find out who my savior was. But when I saw her, she was no savior of mine.

Lo and behold, Chase stood there, hair just as curly and frizzy as yesterday, hat still on her head, and uniform on. Every pair of eyes was on her.

"Sorry I'm late." She just shrugged and walked over to Coach. Of course, she wasn't actually sorry. She didn't give a shit if she interrupted the end of the world. No one moved.

"Chase! Glad you could join us. Red team." Oh great. Yet another person to pummel me. She walked into the court and Coach blew his whistle. Luke got ready to throw the dodge-ball—straight at me. He held it far behind him, ready to launch. Suddenly, someone ran behind him, plucking the ball straight from his freakishly large hands. Luke turned to see his thief.

"What the hell?!" He yelled.

"Sorry—oh wait, no I'm not." Chase stood there, ball in hand, smiling at the enraged blonde. I was just thinking, wow. Chase can actually be useful, right until a ball came flying toward me.