>38<

Percy's POV

"Hey, Annie." Drew walked over to our table, her little posse behind her.

Annabeth turned around and stood up, facing Drew. Annabeth was taller than Drew, and stood at full height with her arms crossed and eyebrow raised. I would not want to be Drew. "What." Annabeth's jaw clenched.

Drew didn't seem scared at all. What a dumbass. "I don't know, guess I was just bored." Her pink lips curled into a smirk.

"Oh well, there's this really awesome place, it's called fuck off and it's located right off the nearest bridge." Annabeth's sarcasm earned the laughs of the other students in the cafeteria.

"You're such a bitch, you know that?" Drew seemed angry now.

"I'm sure there's a reason why you're calling me that. I'm trying to look at it from your perspective, but I can't stick my head that far up my ass." Annabeth said with fake sympathy. Our table laughed, along with almost every other.

"At least she has an ass." One of her minions backed her up. Not that I look at Drew's ass, but she really didn't. There's only one person I'm looking at all day.

"Oh please, the only thing you can turn on is a microwave." Annabeth retorted. Everyone laughed at that one, including myself. Annabeth might skip school, but that doesn't mean she doesn't have wit.

"That's not true!" Drew said. "Just ask Luke." She smirked.

"I would, but I don't really feel like puking up my guts." Annabeth said.

"You're gonna puke? Just be glad you don't have to see your own face all day." Drew smirked smugly at Annabeth as everyone laughed.

Annabeth didn't say anything, though she didn't frown or glare at Drew, which made her look more mature. But I was really hoping she'd come up with something soon, because Drew was about to win the standoff.

"That's it! You failed!" Drew smiled triumphantly as Annabeth continued not to speak. Everyone had quieted down now.

Annabeth looked her dead in the eyes. "So did your dad's condom."

The entire cafeteria erupted in "OH!"'s. Reyna and Leo got up and started jumping around, yelling, "OH SHIT!" Or, "HOLY FUCKING SHIT!" I decided to join them.

Annabeth just stood there through it all, while Drew stood, glaring, but stumped. Annabeth smirked at her with her arms crossed. Drew stormed off, her minions following close behind. I went up to Annabeth and smiled so wide, her face breaking into a grin as well.

"That was so fucking awesome!" I yelled over the noise.

"Thanks!" Annabeth laughed as I slung my arm over her shoulders.

What a badass. 

She was really was perfect.

><•><

"Hey Chase!" Luke called from down the hall. Two of his football goons stood behind him, all three of them smirking.

"Oh, Luke," Annabeth closed her locker and walked up to them. "I saw this abnormally large pile of dog shit on the sidewalk today, and I thought of you." Annabeth gave him a fake smile. Piper laughed and I snorted from behind her, making her smirk. The others in the hallway found that funny as well.

"I drove by an animal shelter with dogs at the windows and thought of you." He smirked.

The crowd that had gathered didn't give many laughs. It really wasn't that great of a joke.