>40<

Percy's POV

I was absolutely miserable.

I've got those jet pack blues,
Just like Judy, the kind that make June feel like September
I'm the last one that you'll ever, remember

I threw myself on the couch, sighing.

It had been six days since Annabeth and I first fought, and two since I said that horrid thing to her.

She definitely hated me.

I mean, I would hate me, especially after what I said to her. I still couldn't believe that I had said it. I was ashamed that that would even pop into my head. Of course I didn't mean it, and I wanted to take it back, but I couldn't. I said it. It was out there now. And there was nothing I could do about it.

She had told me something extremely sensitive and personal and I completely disrespected her trust. I felt awful. I wanted her to know how sorry I was, even though I knew she would never forgive me. She shouldn't. I don't deserve it. I don't deserve her.

I hadn't done anything but mope around; no one else was home. My mom was always at work and there wasn't really anyone else to be here.

I was suddenly pulled from my mind when I heard someone knock on the door. I groaned, debating whether or not I should answer it. It could be something insignificant; a package, mail. But it could also be something important; the police (hopefully not), a friend, Annabeth.

I sighed and paused my music, deciding to get up and answer the door. I didn't really care that I was in sweatpants and a t-shirt. That had been pretty much the only thing I wore lately. My mom told me I should stop moping and hang out with a friend, or just go out. I couldn't really hang out with anyone because if Annabeth told them, they'd think I was a monster and chop off my head on sight. I also didn't really feel like leaving the apartment.

I ran my hands through my hair before opening the door.

"Annabeth?" I was hit with so many emotions; waves of different feelings, washing over me. I suddenly felt upset, because we had been fighting. I felt angry at myself for saying that, and partly at Annabeth for making me worry. I also felt an overwhelmingly strong sense of guilt and regret just swallow me up. But I felt the tiniest bit of joy just from seeing her face. I was so confused; it hurt when I wasn't with her, but it also hurt when I was. I tried to push the thoughts away, not being able to shake the feelings.

I suddenly felt embarrassed about my appearance. My hair was definitely a disheveled mess—already a bad start. This is exactly what I looked like before we fought last. I swallowed.

"Hi," She said, her voice not holding much emotion. "We need to talk."

"Yeah." I stepped aside, letting her inside. I then followed her into the kitchen. She leaned against the counter, tapping her fingers on the smooth surface.

"Do you want water, or...?" I asked, awkwardly rubbing the back of my neck.

"I'm fine." Her voice was quiet, yet stern.

"Annabeth, I'm sorry. I..." I paused. I really needed to be careful when I was talking with Annabeth. We all know what happened the last time I spoke without thinking. "I didn't mean it. At all. I'm ashamed that I even could think of something like that. I feel awful about it, and I get it if you never want to see me ever again—I wouldn't either. But just know that I'm sorry. I'm really, really sorry," I finished. I meant every word that I spoke. Annabeth seemed to know that.

"It's okay," she said, her voice slightly louder than a whisper.

I suddenly looked at her, and she looked at me, our gazes meeting. I suddenly became lost in her grey eyes.

She forgave me.

That had to mean something.

I knew that I really shouldn't have done this, but I couldn't help myself. Annabeth forgave me, and that had mean more than that. I decided to act on my instincts. I felt that if I didn't do this now, I'd never get the chance. I slowly walked forward, towards Annabeth. I walked right up to her, leaving only a few inches between us. She looked up into my eyes. I slowly leaned my head down until our lips met.

My entire body exploded with fire works. Her lips felt warm against mine. It felt like my brain was melting right through my body. I had imagined what kissing Annabeth would be like before, but I couldn't even begin to fathom how I was feeling. It was so indescribably amazing that I could barely comprehend it. Unfortunately, I knew I should pull away, so I did. We stood there in silence, and nothing but our breathing could be heard. We stared into each other's eyes. Before I knew it, our lips connected once more.

Annabeth kissed me back, entangling her hands in my hair. I brought one hand up to cup for cheek, the other resting on her waist. I felt goosebumps rise on the sliver of skin peeking out from under her shirt. With my help, she hopped up onto the counter. I got as close to her as possible, her knees against my hips.

Feeling her body against mine was intoxicating. Our tongues danced back and forth, fighting for dominance. The kiss deepened as a fiery passion grew between us, a desire we couldn't fight.

Annabeth wrapped her legs around my waist and I lifted her off the counter, carrying her down the hall. I walked into my room, closing the door behind me. I put Annabeth down as she stared to pull off her jacket, throwing it aside. She slipped off her shoes and tugged at the hem of my shirt. I pulled it off and kissed her again. We only paused to lift Annabeth's shirt over her head.

I unbuttoned her jeans, tugging them off with her help. Along with the jeans came off her socks. Next thing I knew, my sweatpants were gone. It would have been nice to admire her for a second, but my body wouldn't let me. It was like I was constantly drawn to her, and I had to feel her skin against mine.

We backed up into the bed, until she fell on her back, and I was on top of her. Our lips separated for a moment. We stared at each other for a few brief moments, in which I couldn't help but realize how beautiful she is. Her blonde hair was sprawled behind her head. Her cheeks were rosy, along with her lips. Our chests grazed as we inhaled, our breaths heavy.

I searched her eyes for any doubt, not being able to find any, and feeling warm inside. This was it. The thing that I had dreamed about for such a long time was finally happening. I was finally going to get the girl that I had wanted for so long. Annabeth swallowed before kissing me again, telling me that I could go further; that she wanted to go further.

And further we went.

•••

;)