>24<

Percy's POV

You're like perfection
Some kind of holiday
You got me thinking
That we could run away

"You sure you want to?" Annabeth tossed me the hacky-sack she was playing with.

"I guess." I tossed it back after catching it. 

"Alright. Well, I think my dad will be home tonight. You can meet him then if you want. Come over for dinner, or come back really." She tossed the ball back, shrugging.

"If it works for everyone here it's cool with me." I said.

"Okay, cool. I'll let him know." She said with a bit more enthusiasm than normal.

"You happy about that, Chase?" I smirked, raising an eyebrow.

"What? No. Shut it, Asshole." And her scowl was back, her stubbornness making me laugh. But she ended up smiling with me.

Normally, I wouldn't be so willing to meet new people, but I could tell that Annabeth wanted me to meet her dad and was happier about my cooperation than she let on.

And because I was crushing on Annabeth really hard, I was willing to do it if it made her happy. It also wouldn't hurt to get in good with her dad, for (probably not) future references.

"You should meet my mom one day." I said.

"What?" Annabeth stopped abruptly as she was about to throw the hacki-sack. She looked at me with wide eyes. "I don't think that's a good idea." Annabeth shook her head, refusing profusely.

"How come?" I raised an eyebrow. "She would love you. And especially after how much you've helped me out."

"I don't know, Percy." She swallowed. "I—I just..." She took a deep breath. "What if she hates me?" Her voice was the faintest whisper. She looked at me with her grey eyes a little stormier than usual.

"Why would she hate you?" I asked back gently, getting up to sit next to her on the bed. I grabbed her hand and rubbed circles into it with thumb.

"I mean, my mother did." Her voice was low and sad, a little angry as well. Her head hung down, and she stared at her hand in mine.

"Hey," I tilted her chin up so she was looking into my eyes. "She's not going to hate you. And I know that your mom didn't hate you." I was whispering, attempting to be as gentle as possible. "She may have left, but I know she didn't hate you."

She looked up at me, her grey eyes stormy and sad, a bit glossy as well. She sniffled, which was adorable, but at the same time I hated seeing her sad. I wanted to wrap her up in my arms and give her anything she wanted. But I didn't know what she wanted, and there was nothing I could do except just be there. Just be a good, supportive friend. I was doing my best, hoping it was enough.

"Really?" She whispered.

"Really." I nodded.

"Thank you." She whispered, her minty breath fanning my face. Our noses were inches apart.

Do it, my mind said. Lean in! Kiss her! You know you want to. I did want to. Really badly. I'm sure that my cheeks flushed a faint red. She looked so beautiful, a few strands of her golden locks fell forward into her face, the rest of her wild curly hair pulled up into a huge messy bun. I tucked a strand behind her ear before I could stop myself. Neither of us moved away. Her grey eyes were sparkling, framed by thick black eyelashes. She wore no makeup, her face naturally flawless and gorgeous. She looked absolutely beautiful. I really wanted to kiss her.