>7<

Annabeth's POV

I walked into to class, late, as usual.

"Ms. Chase, so glad you could join us." Mrs. O'Connor said as I went to take my seat at the back of the classroom. Her voice was peppy and bright; she was young, newly married—according to the whispers in the halls—and very enthusiastic about her job. In other words, one of the most annoying people I know. But I try to be less of an asshole to her, though, because she really does try to be perky and lively for the students, which is more than any other teacher in this school tries to do.

"Sorry." I said, but my expression was anything but.

I made my way to the back and tossed my book bag on the floor as Mrs. O'Connor continued talking. I looked around and saw Jackson, earbuds in, hood up, sitting a few seats to my right. I rolled my eyes at the very sight of him. I don't know why, but he's irritating, yet at the same time I want to annoy the hell out of him just to get under his skin. Like I hate him, but I can't stay away.

I shook my head and closed my eyes to rid my mind of the thought. I tried to focus on Mrs. O'Connor's words.

"Today, I decided that we should do something fun. We are going to be re-enacting any battle scene from ancient times. Pick a partner and I'll let you all discuss for a few minutes before calling you up."

Everyone began looking to each other and switching seats. I stayed where I was just observing, for I didn't know anyone. I looked over to Jackson. He hadn't moved either, and just watched all the commotion from the sidelines. I had a feeling this was nothing new to him.

Once everyone had a partner, Mrs. O'Connor looked to me. "You don't have a partner, Annabeth?" I just looked at her. "Well, lets see..." She looked around for a minute before her eyes landed on Percy. "Here!" She walked to Percy and waved me over.

I put on my 'you're kidding me' face, and switched my gaze between Percy and Mrs. O'Connor, who was smiling bright, while Percy glared at from me next to her. I glared right back and we seemed to have a silent conversation, only using our eyes.

I hate you. No. I conveyed.

Well, we don't have a choice so come on. He seemed to say.

We continued with our little battle until Mrs. O'Connor looked at us strangely. I then huffed and stood, grabbing my stuff, and moving to the desk next to his.

"Alright. Have fun!" Mrs. O'Connor walked off.

Five minutes later, we were still glaring at each other. Percy opened his mouth to say the first word in the silent minutes I had been sitting there. But, Mrs. O'Connor decided this was also a great time to start calling us up. Asshole and I hadn't worked out a plan yet. And lucky for us, we were first up.

"What are we gonna do?" Percy whispered as we started to stand up.

"What I do best. Wing it." I walked to the front of the classroom confidently and Percy followed timidly behind me. I didn't even have to turn to tell that he was extremely uncomfortable with all this attention; every pair of eyes was on us. They seemed to be saying,

Let's see how this turns out.

I didn't blame them, for I was wondering the same thing myself.

Suddenly an idea popped into my head, (I knew that wasn't actually how that fight went down, but I went with it anyways), and I started to speak, hoping Jackson would catch on.

"Menelaus, why not a one-on-one fight?"

"I don't see why not, Paris." He smirked and continued with the dialogue. I thanked God that he knew what I was going for, catching the hint.