Chapter 7

As they approached the cafeteria, Bakugou dropped his hand from Kirishima's back.

Kirishima tried not to take offense; this was still Bakugou. His pride is nothing short of everything to him.

Despite this knowledge, Kirishima couldn't help but feel that Bakugou was embarrassed by him, or rather, embarrassed to be showing him affection.

He shot a glance at the boy, but his face was perfectly blank as they entered the cafeteria, his eyes glued to his usual table.

Most of their class was already here, lining up to have breakfast, and Kirishima could feel Kaminari's eyes on him. When he met the other boys gaze, Kaminari smirked dopily as he usually did, but their was something off about it. The smile didn't quite reach his eyes, and he quickly looked away when Kirishima simply blinked at him, titling his head slightly.

Bakugou shrugged his arm off, causing Kirishima to turn back to him, and dropped into his chair, immediately swinging his legs up onto the table and rasing an eyebrow when Kirishima didn't sit down, his eyes going back to land on Kaminari.
Kaminari was quite obviously avoiding his gaze, flashing his eyes up momentarily before turning so his back was facing them, his spine rigid. Mina was beside him, with Sero on his other side, and they were babbling away as they usually did, showing no signs that anything was off. Mina even threw Kirishima an enormous smile and a thumbs up when they met eyes.

For a moment, Kirishima thought back, wondering if he'd done anything to upset the other boy. Sure, he had been spending a lot of time with Bakugou lately, but Kaminari still had Mina and Sero with him all the time, so it's not like he seemed lonely. Besides, he still spoke to him a lot, between classes and after school, so it's not like he'd cut him off?

Kirishima felt a frown forming on his face, as he continued to stare at his bro.

"Just fuckin go talk to him. You look like you're gonna blow a fuckin vessel in your head." Bakugou snapped suddenly, breaking Kirishima from his trance. He looked back to Bakugou, who had a hard scowl on his face, eyebrows stitched together as he glared. When they met eyes, he jerked his chin pointedly towards Kaminari.

"I-" Kirishima began.

"Just fuckin go!" Bakugou growled, cutting him off, "You clearly want to, just piss off already."

Kirishima took a step back, looking at the ground sadly. He twisted his hands together, not moving, as he continued to think over his options, ignoring Bakugou's clear frustration.

Bakugou sighed heavily, before dropping his legs from the table and jumping to his feet, grabbing Kirishima by the collar and yanking him forward. Before Kirishima knew what was happening, Bakugou planted a hard kiss on his temple, before letting go and immediately falling back into his seat.

Kirishima felt his face flush hotly, and a grin spread across his lips, his hand shooting up to touch his fingertips lightly against the spot Bakugou's lip had been.

"I'll be back." He promised, before turning and walking determinedly in Kaminari's direction. Kaminari didn't even notice that he was approaching until the last second, when Kirishima had already latched onto his shoulder and was dragging him away from the other two.

He tugged him to the corner of the room, Kaminari whining and protesting the whole time, before letting go and gazing at the other.

Kaminari looked away briefly, before he took a shaky breath and a massive smile spread, looking back at Kirishima. It was so obviously fake that Kirishima actually sighed out loud, his eyebrows furrowing.

"What's up dude?!" Kaminari asked cheerfully, titling his head slightly so a bit of his blonde hair fell into his eyes.

"What's wrong?" Kirishima demanded, trying to meet Kaminari's eyes again.

Kaminari's grin faltered momentarily before it lit back up in full force, shaking his head wildly.

"Bro what are you on about? I'm great!" he laughed airly, in an attempt to support his statement. Kirishima simply pursed his lips, biting the inside of his cheek thoughtfully as he continued to study the other boys expression.

Kaminari's smile slowly faded, and they stared at eachother, Kaminari's hand lifting to chew on his fingernails nervously.

They stared eachother down for a few long moments, eyes locked, before Kaminari finally broke, his eyes moving away back to Sero and Mina.

"Denki..." Kirishima murmured, and Kaminari's eyes shot back to his, "You know you can talk to me about anything, right bro?"

Kaminari sighed, and another smile formed on his lips. Something about the expression seemed so sad, and Kirishima took a step forward, feeling the need to comfort him with a hug. The moment his hand touched Kaminari's shoulder though, Kaminari jerked back and shot him another wide- and very clearly forced- smirk, before shaking his head rapidly again.

"I'm fine dude! Seriously! I gotta go." He spoke rapidly, and as soon as he finished, he was already off, jogging back to his friends.

Kirishima sighed in defeat, watching him go, and stalked back over to Bakugou's table, falling into his seat with a sulky huff.

"So what the fuck is up his ass?" Bakugou enquired, eyes on Kirishima. Kirishima just sighed again, wiggling closer until his head fell on Bakugou's shoulder, turning to nuzzle his nose slightly against the crook of the other boys neck.

Bakugou didn't push him away or try to force a response, he accepted the sigh as an answer and went back to scrolling aimlessly on his phone.