Chapter 10

It was nearly midnight when Kaminari knocked on Kirishima’s door.

Kirishima had been binge watching South Park on his computer when he heard the hesitant tapping. At first he ignored it; it wasn’t loud enough to be considered a knock; but then the noise got slightly louder, causing him to push his laptop off of his knees and open the door.

Kaminari looked terrible. His usually silky blonde hair was greasy, and his skin appeared washed out. Dark shadows had etched themselves under his bloodshot eyes, and his clothes were extremely wrinkled. He was wringing his hands in front of him, shoulders slumped, as he stared up at Kirishima.

“Denki…” Kirishima breathed, his chest constricting by the sight of his friend in such a state.

Kaminari sighed and moved forward, brushing past Kirishima to enter his room. Kirishima immediately closed the door and spun around, his eyes scanning over his friend again.

“I’m… I mean. We need to talk.” Kaminari murmured weakly, his eyes glued to the floor. He hadn’t sat down, he was just hovering in the middle of the room like he wasn’t quite sure what to do with himself.

“Okay…” Kirishima began, moving over to sit down on the edge of his bed, raising a curious eyebrow at the other boy, “What’s up man?”

Kaminari sighed again and moved so he was sitting beside Kirishima.

“I… Well, you know how I told you I didn’t think Bakugou was capable of being nice?” he asked, turning to face Kirishima for the first time since he had knocked on the door.

Kirishima nodded, keeping his eyes steadily locked on Kaminari.

Kaminari shifted uncomfortably, his hands returning to wringing themselves out in front of him as he hesitated, “Yeah, well, I really didn’t think he was. I thought you would try and be his friend and give up after you get rejected. But now…” he paused, the corners of his mouth pulling down sadly, “You guys are together… like actually together. Right?”

Kirishima felt a pit opening in his stomach. He suddenly felt very ill, and extremely cautious as to where Kaminari was going with this.

“Yeah bro. Well, it’s not like we’ve said it out loud or anything, but it seems like we are to me.” He explained carefully, and he could feel the pit in his stomach growing darker as Kaminari flinched at his words.

“I hate it!” Kaminari snapped suddenly, and his eyebrows drawn down hard, a scowl forming on his face, “He’s so rude to everyone, and he gets so violent at nothing, and he bullies Midoriya, and he’s… he…”

Kirishima grit his teeth, trying to keep calm as he listened to his friend. He did want to know why Kaminari was so upset, he truly did, but hearing him speak about Bakugou this way made a fire spark to life in his stomach, the flames licking at his throat as he fought them back.

“He doesn’t deserve you. At all. You could do so much better, everyone knows it except for you!” Kaminari finished, his voice drenched in frustration. He was staring Kirishima fully in the face now, and Kirishima fought the urge to turn away.

“I… You guys don’t…” Kirishima sighed, his eyes dropping to his hands, unable to face his friend as he spoke, “I don’t care, okay? I don’t care what you guys think of him. You don’t know him the way I do, there’s so much more to him then you are willing to believe.”

Kaminari groaned loudly, dropping his face forward into his hands, fingers latching his hair tightly.

“You have other options Eijirou. Better ones.” He whispered, his voice taking on an unfamiliar edge.

Kirishima ignored that comment. If he opened his mouth again, he’d probably snap at him and that wouldn’t help the situation at all.

“Just…” Kaminari murmured, and his voice sounding desperate, and an awful lot closer.

The moment Kirishima looked up to investigate, Kaminari shot forward, slamming his lips into Kirishima’s own. One of Kaminari’s hands moved around, gripping the back of Kirishima’s neck tightly, trying to pull him in closer.

Kirishima’s eyes remained wide open, his brain short circuiting for a second, before he shoved Kaminari away, his body automatically hardening. He was on his feet in seconds, glowering down at the other boy, who was sprawled back on the bed, mouth gaping open in shock.

“Are you kidding me right now Denki?!” Kirishima shouted, his voice reverberating around the room, “I just told you how much Bakugou means to me, what on earth were you thinking?!

Kaminari’s eyes immediately teared up, the moisture glistening, as he pulled himself to his feet.

“I’m in love with you Eijirou! Okay?! I have been since the moment we met!” he exclaimed, the tears beginning to run freely down his cheeks as he rubbed furiously at them with the back of his hand.

Kirishima froze, his anger dissolving into shock, as he stared at his friend.

Kaminari opened his mouth, about to say something else, when Kirishima’s door swung open.

Kirishima spun around, and his eyes locked onto a fuming Bakugou. Bakugou wasn’t even looking at Kirishima, his eyes were locked on Kaminari, his teeth bared and smoke wafting from his closed fists.

Kirishima ran forward on impulse, latching himself onto Bakugou’s side, fingers curled around his bicep.

“Bakugou, it’s okay, he knows he screwed up, he-”

“Kirishima. Did he touch you?” Bakugou growled, his jaw tightening, his eyes never moving away from Kaminari.

Kirishima seized up, his hands tightening impossibly against Bakugou, “Get out of here Denki!”

Kaminari’s eyes widened, his head swivelling back and forth between the two boys in front of him, before he darted forward.

Surprisingly, Bakugou let him bolt for the door, he simply pulled Kirishima into his chest, wrapping his arms around him protectively when Kaminari got too close.

At the last second, Bakugou shot forward, latching a sparking hand onto Kaminari’s wrist, and leant forward, glaring at him furiously.

“If you ever, EVER, touch him again without his permission, I will fuckin destroy you. Am I fuckin clear?!” Bakugou snarled, his fist tightening until his knuckles went white, before he let go and slammed the door in Kaminari’s face.

Kirishima blinked at Bakugou for a moment, watching as the other boy took repeated, shuddering breaths.

After a few moments, Bakugou’s eyes opened, and he moved forward, pulling Kirishima into a kiss.

Kirishima immediately reciprocated, titling his head slightly to the side to allow better access when he felt Bakugou’s tongue glide over his lower lip. Bakugou didn’t hesitate to push his tongue into the other boys mouth, massaging Kirishima’s own as he gently backed him up against the wall.

“Stay the night?” Kirishima gasped against his lips, his skin tingling from head to toe as Bakugou pushed a hand under his shirt, lips moving to his neck to graze his teeth over the spot where he could feel Kirishima’s pulse thumping.

Bakugou nodded against his neck.