Chapter 14

Bakugou was silent. He didn’t respond to Kirishima’s confirmation nod, he simply turned his head and pressed a firm kiss to his forehead while Kirishima continued trembling against him, fingers wrapped tightly in the back of Bakugou’s shirt.

Kirishima could tell that Bakugou was waiting to hear the details of what had happened before he blew his top, but he just couldn’t stop the tears cascading from his face. Would Kaminari really have hurt him? Have tried to ‘make him realize’ his apparent feelings for the other boy?

Another strangled sob ripped from his throat, when the images of Kaminari’s crazed expression flooded his mind, confirming his fear that he most likely would have.

Bakugou moved then, pushing Kirishima forward a little bit to look into his eyes. Kirishima blinked at him, using one hand to paw at the tears blurring his vision.

“Eijirou. Talk to me.” Bakugou murmured, his voice low, and although he appeared calm, Kirishima could still smell the smoke as he struggled to contain his quirk. Kirishima whimpered softly and wriggled forward until his forehead was pressed against Bakugou’s, his eyes closing and his breaths puffing out of his chest in small gasps.

“He… Nothing really- well, I think he was going to try and force-“ Kirishima stammered, unsure how to word exactly what happened, “He said he was going to make me realize that I… uh… that I loved him too or something, I’m not sure exactly what-“

“He’s a fuckin dead man.” Bakugou snarled, and Kirishima’s eyes snapped open to see Bakugou pull his hands away as his palms began crackling uncontrollably. Most of the class was staring at them now, and Midoriya had even gotten to his feet, taking a few hesitant steps in their direction.

It was in that moment that Kaminari decided to stroll into the room, walking straight over to Mina and Sero and taking a seat, his expression so calm that he almost seemed smug. An enormous grin spread across Mina’s face as she bounced forward to hug her friend, and a smirk spread across Kaminari’s lips as he hugged her back.

While his head was on her shoulder, his eyes flashed up to meet Kirishima’s, and Kirishima felt a chill run down his spine when Kaminari winked at him. Bakugou leapt to his feet, his quirk launching him in the direction of Kaminari before Kirishima had a chance to stop him.

Kaminari, Mina, and Sero were all on their feet in seconds, the latter pair moving in front of Kaminari protectively when they saw that he was where Bakugou was glaring at with such a murderous expression.

“CAN YOU JUST GIVE IT A BREAK FOR ONCE?!” Mina shouted as another round of rapid explosions landed Bakugou only a few steps in front of them, “LEAVE HIM ALONE BAKUGOU!”

“YOU’RE FUCKIN DEAD, YOU SICK PIECE OF SHIT!” Bakugou bellowed, before he skilfully manoeuvred his body, feigning a lunge to the left, causing Mina and Sero to both fling themselves in that direction, Mina’s acid splattering in front of her.
Instead of going left as they expected, Bakugou slid himself to the right and an explosion launched him into the air, his feet slamming down hard on Kaminari’s shoulders, pinning the other boy onto the concrete, his head making a sickening crack as it made contact.

A bright electrical current flooded over Kaminari’s skin, shocking Bakugou briefly, and Bakugou flung himself into the air again. Before Kaminari had a chance to squirm away, Bakugou had landed again, this time driving his knee into the other boys’ throat, cutting off his oxygen, and with that, drove his fist down onto Kaminari’s nose. Blood immediately began spurting out, the bridge of his nose sitting at a disturbing angle as the blood splattered onto Bakugou’s fist. Another electrical current ran over Kaminari, stronger this time, and Bakugou’s body seized up momentarily, long enough for Kaminari to slam a fist into his throat, knocking the other boy off of him.

This only appeared to make Bakugou even more rabid, and despite all of the desperate shouting from other students for the pair to stop, their cries fell on deaf ears as Bakugou’s fist exploded into Kaminari’s side, filling the room with the rancid scent of burnt flesh.

Kaminari let out a pained shriek, his back arching against the ground, and Bakugou managed to slam his fist into the others boys face again, splitting his eyebrow open. His hand was soaked in bright red when he jerked his elbow back, ready to hit him again, when his body was yanked away from the other.

Kirishima wasn’t even sure when his legs had started moving. One minute he was frozen, glued to the spot Bakugou had left him, and the next he was flying across the room, latching onto the grenade of a man, and pulling him away, wrapping his arms tightly around him.

Mina and Sero, along with Midoriya and Iida, were crouched next to Kaminari now, all baring matching expressions of horror at the blood saturating his face and stomach.

Bakugou struggled against Kirishima for a moment before going still, his shoulders dropping in defeat. Kirishima gripped his waist, turning him around before pulling him into a tight hug, his arms wrapping around the other boy.

“Kacchan?! Why?!” Midoriya exclaimed, pulling himself to his feet, his eyes shifting widely back and forth between Bakugou and Kirishima. Iida and Sero had pulled a barely conscious Kaminari into their arms, and were dragging him out of the room in the direction of Recovery Girls office.

Bakugou let go of Kirishima and turned to face Midoriya, his jaw tightening. Kirishima instantly moved a hand onto Bakugou’s chest, pulling him back a step, before sliding in front of him, hands held up with his palms forward in the universal sign of surrender.

“It’s not his fault! He was only defending me, Midoriya!”

Midoriya frowned slightly, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion as he scanned Kirishima’s face. Kirishima recognised this expression. He was analysing everything he had seen and heard from the three boys in question, determining who he believed and what his next move should be.

“You… running here… crying… Kaminari… after…” Midoriya muttered under his breath, before Bakugou let out an exasperated groan, cutting him off.

“He tried to attack Eijirou in the bathroom, Deku.”

Midoriya’s eyes widened in disbelief, but before he had a chance to say anything else, the booming sound of All Might’s voice swept through the room, his anger evident in his tone.

“Young Bakugou. Come with me.”

All three boys spun to face the hero, where an extremely infuriated Aizawa stood at his side. Both heroes had their eyes on Bakugou, and Kirishima’s hand slid down Bakugou’s arm, linking their fingers together tightly, ignoring the squelch of blood as he did so. Bakugou nodded at the heroes, still scowling heavily, and they began trekking towards them.

Surprisingly, Midoriya followed. Todoroki, harbouring an unreadable expression, trailing close at his heels.