Chapter 19

Bakugou looked worse than Kirishima had ever seen him.

His eyes were red, his cheeks puffy, and his bottom lip was chewed raw. He was so pale that he almost appeared translucent, but most noticeably his entire room was completely trashed. His mattress was flipped onto the floor, books and stray paper was strewn about, and there were clothes with singe marks burned into them piled in the corner.

Kirishima took a deep breath and met eyes with Bakugou, the other boy meeting the gaze with a blank stare. His expression was so empty, his usually fiery stare drowned in a numb sea.

“Can I come in?” Kirishima whispered, and Bakugou took an automatic step to the side, his empty expression beginning to make Kirishima uneasy. Kirishima stepped into the room, turning so he was leaning with his back against the wall. Bakugou closed the door, but only turned to face him, not moving any closer.

“It wasn’t me. Monoma knows a villain shapeshifter- I think he’s a villain too actually- but anyway, Kaminari was jealous and he helped them do this to you, so we were broken up. I think… I think Kaminari did it because he wanted me to himself. I would never say those things to you Katsuki! Never.” Kirishima explained, his fingers twisting together in front of him.

Bakugou’s eyebrows furrowed slightly as he listened, and as soon as Kirishima stopped talking, his eyes went unfocused. It looked like he was thinking about something really hard, and Kirishima didn’t dare break his train of thought.
Bakugou’s eyes snapped back to focus and moved back to Kirishima.

“How do you know all this?”

“Kaminari told me. He… I think he feels guilty. Or he thinks he’s gonna be caught, or, uh… I’m not really sure why he told me.” Kirishima mumbled, and Bakugou’s frown deepened before he took a large step forward, crowding into Kirishima’s space.

“How do I know you’re the real Eijirou and not the shapeshifter?” Bakugou murmured, leaning forward so he was looking into Kirishima’s eyes. Bakugou’s eyes were on fire again, a ghost of a smile whispering on his lips.

Kirishima felt his mind go blank as he stared into the other boys crimson orbs, before he gulped and ran his fingers through his hair nervously.

“I… uh… How are you so beautiful, sheesh, um…” he stuttered, and then beamed when Bakugou broke out in a small grin.

“Yeah, only the real Eijirou is that gay.” Bakugou joked, before moving forward, his hand lifting to place on the other boys cheek. He ran his thumb gently down Kirishima’s cheek, sweeping his fingertips over his cheekbone. As soon Kirishima leant in to finally bring their lips together, Bakugou pulled away, expression downcast.

“Katsuki, what-” Kirishima began, but Bakugou cut him off with a hand shoved over his mouth.

“I just feel fuckin stupid. I knew something was wrong, but… it was you, so as per usual, my brain was out the fuckin window.”

Kirishima whimpered against his hand, feeling his eyes prickling with unshed tears. Bakugou looked so miserable. He needed to fix this, needed Bakugou to know that he felt the same. He lifted a hand and pulled Bakugou’s hand off his mouth, and held on while Bakugou struggled to put it back.

“Kats- Let me talk- Katsuki I love you!” Kirishima shouted, and Bakugou immediately went still. His eyes were wide, expression a deer in headlights. He stayed frozen for a long moment, before the corners of his mouth pinched up and he moved.
Bakugou darted forward, smashing their lips together. It was frantic; fingers pulling at the strands as they tangled in hair, teeth nipping bottom lips, tongues sliding together with an intense air of desperation. Kirishima ran his hands over every part of Bakugou he could reach, his fingers trailing a path up Bakugou’s sides, across his chest, down over the firm muscles of his stomach, before finally settling on his hip.

After a few minutes, Bakugou pulled away slightly, pressing their foreheads together. He was panting slightly, and a wide grin spread across his lips and he beamed at Kirishima.

“Eijirou… I love you so fuckin much.”

Kirishima absolutely beamed, his body basically vibrating with pure ecstasy at the words.

He couldn’t help himself.

He lunged.

The other boy welcomed it, bringing his mouth to his neck, biting and sucking marks wherever he could reach. Kirishima scooped him up, wrapping Bakugou’s thighs around his waist, and slammed his back against the wall, one hand pulling Bakugou’s chin up so their lips slotted back together.

“I love you. I love you. I love you.” Kirishima chanted softly as he kissed down along Bakugou’s jaw and down his neck. Bakugou’s back arched against the wall and he whimpered softly, his eyes squeezed shut. His entire body was quivering with anticipation from the knowledge that tonight was theirs and theirs alone. Damn all else.

“I love you Eijirou.”