Chapter 18

"Mon! It worked, it worked! He cried and everything!"

Toga came flying towards Monoma, climbing up the side of his body and latching on like he was a tree. Monoma chuckled, wrapping one arm under her to hold her up while shooting Kaminari a smug grin.

Kaminari felt dizzy.

For some reason, he hadn't expected this to go so smoothly. The idea of Bakugou crying was not one he had even considered, it was just so far out of character for the other boy. He could still hear Toga babbling excitedly, Monoma nodding along and beaming at her, but Kaminari couldn't bring himself to share their enthusiasm.

He needed to sit down.

He dropped onto the concrete, staring at the cracks in the ground with a blank expression, when he caught the tail end of one of Toga's statements.

"-and even said he loved me! So I used the super move you told me about!"

Kaminari's head shot up, and he blinked at Monoma, confused.

"Super move? What?" he questioned, trying hard to ignore the rapid sinking feeling in his stomach.

"I told her if Bakugou didn't seem convinced, or was fighting back, to say that he wished it was you who took his virginity that night." Monoma explained, his eyes sparkling with satisfaction at his own plan.

Toga said that to Bakugou?!

Kaminari's vision was becoming blurry, black spots scattering over his vision as he tried to imagine how that would have felt to hear. Even it was Bakugou, someone he had convinced himself he hated, saying that was just plain cruel.

"Oi, brat, what's wrong with your-" Monoma began, but whatever he had been about to say fell on deaf ears.

Kaminari's stomach turned, and he fell forward, throwing up what was left of his lunch onto the ground in front of him. Toga squealed, her arms and legs tightening around Monoma, her small features twisting in disgust. The boy she was latched onto took a few steps back, his eyes narrowed at Kaminari.

"What the fuck?! Don't tell me you're feeling bad about this now?" Monoma snapped, his anger evident in his voice.

Kaminari shook his head quickly, wiping his mouth with his sleeve.

"No, just overwhelmed," He croaked, and pulled himself back to his feet, "I'm gonna go lay down in my room. I'll see you guys later. And... thanks Toga."

Toga beamed at him, her previous revulsion at his vomiting seemingly forgotten.

Kaminari turned, quickly pacing up towards the dorms, beelining straight for Kirishima's room.

~~~

Kirishima's mind felt like it was still covered in a heavy fog. He had woken up in his bed, his head thumping furiously. He had spent the last ten minutes pacing around, trying to remember the details of what had happened.

He knew it had something to do with Monoma. That the other boy had knocked him out with Midnights quirk, but that was all he could recall at this point.

A banging on his door broke him from his musing, and he jogged over, praying it was Bakugou. He almost slammed the door shut again when he noticed the blonde mop of hair with a black zigzag, but something about Kaminari's expression told him not to.

Kaminari stared at him for a moment, looking almost confused, before he sighed and gestured forward, asking if he was allowed to come in.

"Whatever it is, you can tell me from there." Kirishima muttered, hoping his voice sounded surer than he felt.

Kaminari gave a slow nod, before leaning back against the wall behind him, staring at his hands as if they held all the answers to the universe.

"You need to find Bakugou. I fucked up... I fucked up really bad."

Kirishima's blood turned cold, eyes widening before he slammed himself forward, one hand pinning Kaminari by the throat against the wall.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM?!" He shouted, and the viciousness in his own voice almost shocked him into stepping back again. However, if anything had happened to Bakugou, he would do a hell of a lot more than raise his voice at the other boy.
Kaminari was tearing up, his fingers spread out on the wall on either side of his body.

"Monoma... he knows a shapeshifter. I let him- no, I helped him- get her to turn into you and..." he trailed of, his voice breaking. His entire body was shaking now, the tears cascading freely down his cheeks.

"And what?" Kirishima demanded, his hand dropping from the other boys throat as he prepared himself for whatever was going to be said.

Kaminari lifted his chin, meeting Kirishima's eyes as he spoke, "And dump him for you. She said some... some really horrible things to him."

Kirishima felt like he was going to explode. He wanted to punch Kaminari, or Monoma, or a wall, anything would work honestly. The only thing keeping him from doing that was the thought of Bakugou, and how he needed to talk to him right now.
He spun on his heel, going straight to Bakugou's door and banging on it repeatedly.

"There's one more thing you should know."

Kirishima turned his head, raising an eyebrow at Kaminari. The other boy had backed away now, in the direction of the stairs.

"He said he loved you. During the breakup." Kaminari murmured weakly, before turning away, "I just... I thought you should know that."

With that, Kaminari sprinted down the hall and down the stairs, and Kirishima went back to banging on Bakugou's door.

"Please Katsuki, please open up, it wasn't me! None of that was me, please!" he begged through the door, his own tears falling freely now as he prayed to a god he'd never believed in for a chance to tell the other boy what had happened, and that he loved him with every bone in his body.

Just as he was about to slam his fist against the door again, it opened, with Bakugou standing on the other side.