Chapter 15

All Kaminari could feel was a dull thumping in his head. His eyelids were heavy, refusing to open, and his stomach tingled slightly, as did his nose. He was warm though, and he could smell something sweet in the air, like a perfume, or a sugary dessert.

"Kaminari... Oi, class 1A brat, wake up..."

Who was that? Kaminari recognised the voice, but only barely. He was slightly irritated at whoever it was though. He was exhausted, and all he wanted to do was succumb to the call of his dreams, to simply ignore the voice, but it was just so damn loud.

"Come on, open your eyes already! I have a plan for you to get with that red head!"

That red head? Were they talking about Eijirou?

Kaminari struggled against his tiredness and forced his eyes to open, blinking rapidly as everything around him slowly came into focus.

"About time! Sheesh."

Turning his head towards the source of the voice, he could see a mop of blonde hair, and piercing grey eyes staring at him with an impatient expression. After a few moments, he recognised them as Monoma from class 1B.

"What the...?" Kaminari muttered, and hitched himself up onto his elbows, raising a confused eyebrow at the other boy. Monoma smirked, reaching a hand forward to poke Kaminari on the cheek before he began talking.

"I heard what happened. That psychopath from your class messed you up pretty bad, aye. Fighting over a boy, I hear?" Monoma's grin widened when Kaminari scowled in response, "I know how we can get you that Kirishima dude. Like I said, I have a plan."

Kaminari's eyebrows shot up. A plan for him to have Eijirou? Obviously that sounded incredible, but why would Monoma help him with that? He'd barely even spoken to the guy before this.

"I'm listening...?" Kaminari murmured, and Monoma smirked smugly, before leaning forward, their faces only a few inches away from each other.

"What if I told you I know someone who can turn into Kirishima and break up with Bakugou? All we would need is some blood."

Kaminari blinked, shocked. What did he mean exactly? He knew a shapeshifter? Kaminari would have heard about them if they went to UA. Instead of questioning this, Kaminari vouched for the question that had been sitting on his tongue since he had woken up.

"What do you get out of this?"

Monoma's eyes flashed, his smirk turning more predatory, "Let's just say Bakugou would be easier to... mould... to a certain mind frame if he believes he is hated by everyone here. Kirishima will be all yours, and we will take Bakugou out of the picture."

Kaminari could see it already. If Bakugou were to be dumped by Kirishima, he would be furious. He wouldn't let Kirishima close enough to him to talk afterwards, his pride wouldn't allow it. He'd probably feel used, especially since they only just slept together. And if Monoma and whoever 'we' is were planning on taking Bakugou away from UA while he is vulnerable, Kirishima would have no choice but to return to his old friend group.

He would come running back to Kaminari.

Sitting up properly, Kaminari met Monoma's eyes fully, and gave him a huge smile.

~~~

Two weeks of detention.

Considering what had happened, Kirishima couldn't imagine a better outcome. He really needed to find a way to thank Midoriya and Todoroki for backing them up, Midoriya had gone on a long spiel about how strange, and borderline aggressive Kaminari had been acting lately, and how Kirishima had been very upset about it, hence why Bakugou was so wound up.

Todoroki had seconded this without hesitation, also adding that he had overheard Kaminari speaking with Mina about Kirishima's relationship with Bakugou in a very odd manner, talking about how he wished Bakugou would just disappear, and that he believed that Kirishima did return his feelings but just didn't know it.

All Might had switched from angry to understanding very quickly after Midoriya's speech, and although Aizawa demanded there still be consequences, he did agree that the fight had been under unusual circumstances, and therefore didn't warrant expulsion.

Bakugou's hand clamped down on Kirishima's shoulder then, and Kirishima blinked, snapping out of his thoughts and back to the current moment. He glanced over, and Bakugou rose a questioning eyebrow at him.

They were currently sitting side by side on Bakugou's bed, legs stretched out in front of them. Bakugou was on his phone, scrolling through the Hero News, while Kirishima had been watching South Park on his laptop.

"Katsuki?" Kirishima mumbled, pausing his show and placing the laptop down on the floor beside the bed.

Bakugou locked his phone and turned to face Kirishima, humming slightly in response.

Kirishima stared down at his hands, twisting his fingers together nervously.

"Are we... I mean, we're together, right? Like, we're boyfriends?"

Bakugou snorted, his lips pursed in amusement. Kirishima just waited, his eyes lifting to examine the other boys face.

"No shit." Bakugou replied, his tone amused. As he spoke, he dropped his hand from Kirishima's shoulder, opting to instead take his hand, immediately linking their fingers together.

Kirishima beamed at him, and the corner of Bakugou's mouth curled up in response.

"I really care about you Katsuki. Like, really, REALLY care."

Bakugou's cheeks flushed, turning his face away in an attempt to hide it. Kirishima grinned, moving his free hand up and placing it on Bakugou's cheek, pulling his face back to look at him. As soon as they met eyes, Kirishima leant in, pressing their lips together gently.

They kissed for a few long moments, Kirishima's hand never leaving Bakugou's face as he ran his thumb repeatedly along the other boys' cheekbone. Their tongues moved together in a synchronised dance, only breaking apart for the boys to take a quick breath, before returning to each other. The kiss wasn't leading up to anything, they were simply enjoying the taste of the other.

When they finally pulled away, their foreheads pressing together, Kirishima had never been so sure of anything as he was about one thing.

He was completely and utterly in love with Bakugou Katsuki.