Chapter 6

"She said she never been in love
All she ever did was give her love
Everyone, they only take her love
So you scared of love, I don't blame you, love."
~To The Moon by Phora
~~~~~~~~~~~

"Cole!" Mom called when I entered the house. With a sigh, I walked over to the living room which had an L couch in the open space with a TV directly across the couch and a few oversized bing bags in between the space but there was a small stand on either side of the couch near the arm rests.

The living room is connected to the kitchen and dining room. The kitchen has a giant island has a large ledge with a few chairs that twist around but stay in place.  The dining room just has a small circle table since it's only Mom and I.

But today, three chairs were pulled out and only one was left unused. Dad and Mom were in the other two.

Did I do something wrong?

Well, I told Mom I'd be sleeping over at Oscar's house. I actually have to see him at 6pm but it's only 12pm, so it's good.

"Hi Mom." I said in a nonchalant voice even though I feel like yelling at Dad who only has a neutral face on.

That fucking bastard. Thinks he can betray me like that, well, betray me like he's done multiple times before. I want to hit him.

But then again, there's a faint redness to his left cheek so I reckon mom already did that for me.

"Hey, how was the party?" She asked, the word party much have caught Dad's attention because he looked up at me and then over to Mom.

"It was good, I had a lot of fun and Oscar let me sleep over." I said sitting down, still wearing Oscar's clothes. I now have two of his sweatpants and two of his shirts that are a bit tight on me but still fit.

"You let him sleep over at a guys house?" Dad asked looking over at Mom.

"Yes. Why wouldn't I let him asleep over at a guys house? I'm sure you must have done it a thousand times as a kid and at Cole's age." Mom snapped back, raising her eyebrow. She usually does that to say, I dare you.

Dad looked back at me and then at Mom, accepting her challenge. "He told us he likes dudes a year ago and you're just letting him sleepover at a guy's house. What if he's dating the boy?"

I let out a sarcastic laugh and felt myself grow aggravated but tried to contain it because Mom was here and I don't curse in front of her.

"I told her sophomore year. I told you junior year. Now I am in senior year and if you haven't noticed, I haven't had much friends to begin with. So instead of suspected that one of my only friends is actually my boyfriend, you should try to get to know me first-" I swallowed the rest and shook my head.

"I brought the dog."

"Good for you."

"We were actually talking about you guys keeping it because-"

"Your indecisive ass doesn't want it anymore, right?" Mom shot at him. The tension in the air can be cut with a knife. Dad shifted uncomfortably and looked down at the table like it held all the worlds answers.

"Do you guys want to keep him?" Dad asked gesturing to the cage beside him that I just noticed. "I'll pay the feee it has to have a dog in the apartment. It's just that he was about to be killed before I adapted him."

Rolling my eyes, I looked between Dad and the dog which is my favorite type of dog and still a puppy. A German Shepard mixed with a Great Dane.