Chapter 16

"You could break my heart in two, but when it heals it still beats for you.
I know it's forward but it's true.
I wanna hold you when I'm not supposed to.
When I'm lying close to someone else.
You're stuck in my head and I can't get you out of it.
If I could do it all again, I'd go back to you."
~Back To You, Selena Gomez
~~~~~~~~~~~

"Help me." A broken voice said on the phone, I pulled the phone away from my face and double checked to see if it was actually Oscar calling. "Pick me up."

"Okay, where are you?" I asked stepping away from the breakfast table where mom and I were eating. She had to work at 11 and it was only 9am.

She sent me a questioning look, I shook my head. The vein that usually pops out of my forehead was coming back and the worry headache was starting to settle in.

"I-I'm at the park near my house-I didn't know who else to cal-call." He sobbed. My heart squeezed thinking that there was something wrong with him.

"Mom I have to go." I said grabbing the keys on the run outside. Starting up the car, I kept Oscar on the phone. "Okay, talk me through it, what happened?"

"I-I-I-I can't." He cried, I can imagine him shaking his head. Quickly, I sped through the streets and pulled up to the park he was talking about. It was abandoned, only a lump on the curve.

Putting the car on park and turning it off, I walked in front of Oscar.

He was rolled up into a ball on the curve of the street. His jacket thin and torn, too broken for somebody so rich. Oscar's black hair looked messy and all over the place like he's been running his hand through it. He must do that when he's stressing out.

Who the hell did this to him? Anger flared into my heart. But I can deal with that later, right now all that matters is Oscar. I held out my hand. "I'm here now."

Oscar looked up at me with his green eyes, tears leaking from them. His eyes looked so alone, hopeless.

"Cole." He whispered, taking my hand, with a swift movement he was leaning on my chest with my arms around his smaller body.

His body shook from the sobs he was letting out. A soft mumble after every few seconds, I can't seem to make out what he's saying.

"It's okay, I'm here now." I whispered, my hand in his hair, massaging his head.

I tried my best to hold the two of us up, together. My knees were beginning to grow weak but I held on, keeping myself upright for the sake of Oscar.

But I don't know what I can do to fix it.

I felt the weigh of him lean on me completely, forcing me to completely hold him up with all the strength inside of me.

Not to run away and hide in a corner from so much physical contact.

"I don't want to go back right now." He whispered when he ran out of tears. I hummed a yes and continued to run my fingers through his hair.

With his arms tightly locked around my waist, I doubt he was letting go. My lips met the top of his head.

"It's okay, I'm here for whatever you need me for." I said, my heart warming at the thought of me being needed.

"I'm sorry." He whispered.

"It's okay, I'm here now." I repeated, wanting him to feel better. The sun was beating down on us and kids were starting to fill up the playground. "What do you want to do?"

Oscar looked up at me with big round eyes and nodded. "Can we go somewhere else, please?"

With our hands intertwined, the anger I was holding inside melted and turned to warmth. We only separated when going into the car, but once I was inside, Oscar made it a point to grab onto my free hand.