Chapter 11

"Time stands still,
Beauty in all she is,
I will be brave,
I will not let anything, take away,
What's standing in front of me,
Every breath, every hour has come to this..."
~A thousand years by Christina Perri
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mom!" I shouted from my room, it's almost seven and Eugene is waiting for me. I'm supposed to pick him up at seven. Oh my gosh. It's 6:30, I'm so late! "Mom!"

Mom walked into my room holding a coffee mug and raised her eyebrow. "Yes?"

"Can you help me?" I asked looking down at the mess that was laid across my bed.

Sure, I only have eight outfits but that means that none of them are in the least bit fancy!

"You're screwed." She said looking around and into my closet. "Is this seriously all you have?"

I looked down at the shirts, I had eight shirts all a mixture between either a v-neck, button up or turtle neck and they are all either burgundy/maroon, navy blue, or black. Then the pants were either sweats, skinny fit, or shorts.

Then my shoes, there's four, black boots, black slides, Black fancy chelsea boots, and black converse.

Then I have Oscar's two outfits which were two black sweat pants that were a bit tight around the butt. His pink fluffy sweatshirt and his black sweatshirt.

"Definitely the chelsea boots." Mom pointed out and threw the shoes over me. "I paid good money for those."

I nodded my head and looked down at my outfit choices.

"You could do the pink pullover and then the black skinny fit jeans." Mom suggested, quickly I went inside the bathroom and threw on the outfit.

Stepping out, I looked into the full length mirror that was in my room and nodded my head. The sweatshirt was very slim fitted and not oversized but on Oscar it is.

I looked at my messy hair and sighed, Mom squealed and pulled me to the floor.

She forced me to close my eyes, so I petted Freddie.

When I opened my eyes, Mom had styled my hair in a curly fringe and put some light makeup on my face to hide up acne and a few scars I've accumulated over the years from all the tough fights I've been in.

Note the sarcasm.

"There! Go pick up your man!" Mom exclaimed slapping the back of my shoulder.

"Shouldn't you be worried because it's a school night and he's a year older and out of high school?" I wondered and casted mom a look, she had her brown hair up in a messy bun and shrugged her shoulders.

"I'm a cool parent."

"Mom, cool parents don't say that."

"Cool parents can go suck as-"

"Bye mom!" I exclaimed taking the keys and heading out. I turned on the radio and smiled when one of my favorite songs were playing.