Chapter 27

The song above
~~~~

"We're going on an adventure today." Mom said turning on my room light. It was the first day of winter break and I'm planning on spending the next two weeks in bed. No movement, no socialization, no emotions. Just emptiness, I want it this way.

It's also about 2am and for some reason we're both awake.

I didn't say anything causing Mom to sit on the edge of the bed and sigh. "Get up, Cole. You've been in bed like all yesterday and it's time for an adventure. We can take turns! With driving and then pick random exits or just keep driving. Take pictures, doesn't that sound fun?"

I stared at her, wondering what her reaction would be if I told her everything that I feel and think of. I wonder if she'll be disappointed or upset or scared of me.

I get angry.

I get sad.

I haEve so many of these emotions inside of me, what would happen if I were to tell her?

"So, Cole? What do you say?" She asked with a bright smile, she'd be so much more happy without me. I'm just dragging her down, she deserves a better son, one without so many issues.

"Okay." I said knowing that she'd only be upset if I were to decline the offer. After a short shower, I packed a bag just in case and made sure to have my license with me. It seems that mom went to the store while I was gone because now the kitchen was full of snacks and a cooler.

"Road trip! This is so exciting!" Mom exclaimed, ranting about how much fun this is going to be. I nodded along and helped her pack the last of the bags. We went inside the car and set off.

Oscar.

I wonder what he's doing right now. I wonder if he's okay. I know he deserves better.

The scenery passed by, land full of cows and crops, it's Florida. What else should I be expecting?

I leaned my head against the seat and wished for my eyes to let me fall asleep.

But I can't.

My mind was everywhere.

Oscar.

He hasn't texted me.

I mean, why would he? I broke up with him.

Technically we weren't even together.

Why did I break up with him? Everything was going perfectly between us.

But then I had to go ruin the best possible thing that will ever happen to me. He is the best thing that'll ever happen to me. 

I remember when we first met.

That was weird, I mean, I almost killed him. Since he fell in front of my car while skateboarding and got a concussion.  

A small smile formed on my lips.

And then after that, I'm pretty sure I went to his house because I wanted to return his skateboard.

But what happened after that?

His eyes were so green when he fell.

He's beautiful. So beautiful.

And amazing. He just has this ability to make me feel so special and be able to laugh.

He's so loveable and somehow he fell in love with me. Which I don't even know why because I'm terrible.

"Which way?" Mom asked, interrupting my derailing train of thoughts.