Chapter 15

Just listen to the song above, it's so aesthetically pleasing for like an 80s movie or something and there's a group of friends or lovers riding bikes in the summer.
~~~~~~~~

"Why are you sleeping on the couch?" Oscar asked the next morning, walking down the stairs with some clothes in his hand. After I carried him upstairs and put him in his bed, I couldn't sleep.

So I cleaned the whole house and fell asleep on the couch. It's uncomfortable and is now making my neck hurt. But it's fine.

I just didn't think I should sleep on the same bed as him.

Because he likes me and all.

"I cleaned the house." I simply stated. It's a school day today, Friday.

"Here's some clothes." He said handing me the clothes, it was a dark green sweatshirt and some sweats with socks and underwear.

Should I tell- "Oscar, do you remember what you said to me last night?"

Mouth! Do you ever shut up! Like let me talk and think what I'm talking about and just shut up!

"Yeah, what about it?" He asked with a shrug.

What! Then how is he so cool talking to me?

If I just confessed to him that I liked him, I wouldn't be able to look at him. I mean, what if he doesn't feel the same? What if he gets disgusted and walks away?

How do I feel? Do I like him back? I want Freddie.

"J-just were you being serious?" Of course he was, he was drunk so that means it's coming from the heart.

"No I was just lying to play with your feelings." He sarcastically said with his hands on his hips. I rolled my eyes and walked over to the bathroom, taking a quick shower.

Once I was out, I saw Oscar drink some liquor and put some into a flask.

"Why are you doing that?" I asked looking at the flask. He sheepishly smiled and shrugged.

"In case things get hard throughout the day." He casually said and threw me a green granola bar.

"Thanks." I cautiously said, not sure how to react to knowing that he drinks alcohol regularly throughout the day and that he admits to liking me.

Which means everything else he said was true. Everything about his parents. Which I guess explains the drinking but that shouldn't just give him a free pass.

This is so confusing, I just want to leave but I'm probably his ride.

"Okay let's go, you ready?" He asked grabbing his backpack and handing me mine. Why was he acting so casual? So nonchalant? What am I supposed to do with this sort of information? Why wasn't he pressing me to see if I liked him?

"What do I do now?" I asked grabbing onto his hand before he could leave. He turned back towards me with a serious expression.

"I don't know, Cole." He whispered looking down.

"But what do you mean you like me?" I asked confused and flustered and embarrassed. People have told me they've liked me before, after that I usually don't talk to them and avoid them and ice them out.

But I don't want to do that to Oscar.

"I mean, I wouldn't mind blowing you and I like how you're smart and nice and take things as they are." He said flickering his eyes up at me. Oscar pulled his hand away and moved out the door.

He wouldn't mind blowing me?

What's does that-

Wait!