Chapter 6

(Written on my phone, sorry about formatting!)

         "Where do you think you saw Aslan?" Peter asked Lucy, slightly annoyed

The group has backtracked in order to find a new way across the gorge. Edmund suggested they try the spot Lucy supposedly saw Aslan, to which Peter responded coldly. However, Edmund's recommendation eventually won out, Peter losing since the vote was 5-1.

Lucy whipped her head around, her long chestnut hair slapping Ashlynn in the face due to her close proximity to the girl. Ashlynn sputtered, trying to get rid of any loose hairs that may have latched themselves onto her lips.
"I wish you'd all stop acting like grownups. I didn't think I saw him, I did see him," Lucy scolded, equally fed up with Peter's bossy attitude.

"I am a grown up," Trumpkin muttered under his breath. Ashlynn could vaguely make out what he had said, and when she processed it, she couldn't help but burst into laughter. She clenched her side as support, her bubbly laugh escaping her upturned smile. She knew what Trumpkin had said wasn't nearly as funny as she was making it, but after how serious things had been in the group, a little humor couldn't hurt anyone. She managed to compose herself after a few minutes, catching her breath and ignoring the strange looks everyone was giving her.
"Sorry," she whispered, embarrassed. Her smile didn't leave her face.
Edmund's stolid face slowly shifted into one of glee as he watched the blonde recover. He silently chuckled at her antics, realizing how much he missed her boisterous personality. His signature smirk made an appearance when he caught Ashlynn's eye, making her turn even more red.

Lucy glanced over at the girl next to her, silently asking if she could continue. Ashlynn nodded her head slightly, still slightly blushing. Lucy began walking towards the gorge, gesturing for the group to follow.

"It was right over-"
She didn't get to finished her sentence. The ground suddenly gave out underneath her, causing her to fall through. Lucy let out a surprised scream but was soon cut off.

"Lucy!" Everyone shouted in unison. Ashlynn dove forward in an attempt to catch the small girl, but fell short. She landed harshly on her stomach, her torso hanging off the cliff and her legs tangled in the roots above. She dangled over Lucy, relieved to see her sitting calmly on a hidden path. Peter let out a sigh of relief when he noticed his sister safe.

"-here." Lucy softly spoke, gripping the earth beneath. She was clearly shaken, as was everyone else. Ashlynn smiled slightly, overjoyed that Lucy hadn't actually fallen off the cliff. Aslan has come through.

The group noticed the path winding down the side of the gorge, as well as a small rock bridge across the river. They all knew this was their best option. Peter jumped down to Lucy, helping her up, before turning to catch Susan. Trumpkin followed. Ashlynn was still hanging off the edge of the cliff, her abs not strong enough to lift herself back up without help. She felt two arms wrapped themselves around her waist, hoisting her upwards. She let out a small shriek at the force, not fully prepared for it. When she was finally placed back on her feet, she turned to face her rescuer.

"Why thank you kind sir," she imitated a posh accent, giving him a mock bow. Edmund simply nudged her shoulder causing her to trip over her dress and fall over the open edge. Luckily Peter was ready to catch the clumsy girl. Ashlynn half landed/half fell on top of Peter, making everyone laugh. She glared up at Edmund as he jumped down after her.

"Rude."
Edmund shrugged and swung his arm across her shoulders and guided her down the path to reach the bottom of the gorge. Ashlynn made she to watch where she stepped; she didn't want another embarrassing mishap.