Chapter 15

Ashlynn and Edmund crossed the river soon after cleaning themselves off

Ashlynn and Edmund crossed the river soon after cleaning themselves off. Ashlynn bounded over to Lucy, pulling her into a tight hug.

"I knew you could do it," She whispered proudly.

The two girls fell into line with the rest of the Pevensies and Caspian. The group quickly kneeled when Aslan approached. Ashlynn's eyes stared at his large paws, ecstatic he was standing before her.

"Rise Kings and Queens of Narnia," Aslan spoke calmly.

Ashlynn and the Pevensies rose slowly, looking at the lion. Caspian remained on the ground.

"All of you," Aslan spoke to the Telmarine.

Caspian looked up in shock before bowing his head down further. "I do not think I am ready."

"It is for that very reason I know that you are."

Ashlynn pulled Caspian's arm up to stand with the rest of them. She smiled proudly at him and give his hand a small squeeze. Caspian returned her smile.

Sad music cut into the scene and a procession of mice emerged from the water. Ashlynn looked in shock when she noticed Reep being carried on a miniature stretcher. Lucy crouched down and poured a small drop of her cordial into the small mouse's mouth. Reepicheep inhaled quickly and sat up, looking at Lucy.

"Oh thank you Your Majesty." He spoke before noticing Aslan. "Oh hail Aslan. It is a great honor to be-"

Reep stumbled forward and Ashlynn quickly reached down to steady him. He turned to notice his tail was absent from his body.

" I am completely out of countenance. I mustcrave your indulgence for appearing in this unseemlyfashion," He turned to Lucy. "Perhaps a drop more?"

Lucy gazed at her cordial softly. "I don't think it does that."

"You could always have a go," Reep stated, still hopeful.

"It becomes you well," Aslan spoke to try and comfort the mouse.

Reep looked saddened. "All the same, great king, I regret that I mustwithdraw. For a tail is the honor and glory of a mouse."

"Perhaps you think to much of your honor, friend." Aslan countered.

"Well, it‟s not just the honor. It‟s also greatfor balance... and climbing... and grabbing things," Reep stuttered.

Ashlynn smiled softly when she noticed the other mice walking forward and drawing their swords.

"May it please your high Majesty, we will notbear the shame of wearing an honor denied to our chief," One of the mice bravely said.

Aslan laughed. "Not for your honor, but for the love of your people."

Reepicheep's tail magically grew back. The mouse twirled in excitement and examined his new gift. "Oh, look! Thank you, thank you, my liege! Iwill treasure it always! From this day forward, it willserve as a great reminder of my huge humility."