VIII

The next few nights were the hardest, Boyoung felt hopeless, right back where she started.
She slept in a cold room every night, not minding the draft through her window. As she finically drifted to sleep around 2AM she heard her door bell ring.
Groaning she got up and walked to the door. She opened it slowly.

"Jungkook?"

"Uh... Hi." He said.

"Get inside!" She said grabbing his arm and pulling him into the dark room.

Her eyes welled with tears realizing just who was in front of her.
"Jungkook..." she whispered.

"It's me." He said letting out a airy nervous chuckle.
"I have so many questions oh my god, wh-what happened, why couldn't you-I." Boyoung choked up before she could finish as tears rushed down her face.

"Hey it's okay." Jungkook said holding her tightly into his chest.
"I'm here now okay?" He said wiping away her tears.

"Yeah but, how I thought..." she trailed off again.
"I'll explain everything in the morning, until then can I sleep on your couch?" The doe eyed boy asked.
He seemed so much more tender than before, different for sure but in a good way.

"No I'll sleep on the couch you're sleeping on my bed." She said getting up.

Before she could move Jungkook pushed her back down.
"How about we both sleep in your bed?" He said antagonistically. Already back to the boy she knew before, blunt, suggestive and confident on every level. She smiled at how much she missed this, him being just the way he was.

"Okay." She said knowing she wouldn't change his mind anyway.

She drifted to sleep slowly with his scent of lavender filling her mind.