11 | Ball-Kicking Extravaganza

Copyright © 2018. All Rights Reserved.

"—I just got so angry and the next thing you know I was right in front of him and I just aimed for the dick and—Gah! It was the coolest thing I've ever done!" Rosalie cried, throwing her arms up and collapsing onto her mother's chaise lounge in the office. She turned her eyes over to her mother, who had her hands steepled beneath her chin. "You aren't mad, are you?"

Her mother blinked, startled. "What? Of course not. That boy had it coming. But perhaps next time, think it through a bit more."

"Agreed. As exhilarating as it was, I don't think I'd kick another guy in the balls. That's just as bad as punching a girl in the boobs, which I would never do." Despite having it done to me on too many occasions, she thought, worriedly rubbing her boob where Ray had punched her that one day before class.

Her mother grimaced at the thought. "So you and Jamie, then? Going to Homecoming?"

"I think so? I hope I didn't ruin it by kicking Lennie in the balls," she confessed, biting her thumbnail. She waved her freehand dismissively. "I dunno. If anything I hope I dismantled their dictatorial patriarchy."

"That's a great start, honey."

"Thank you."

"What do you want for dinner to celebrate the rebellion?" she asked, and Rosalie thought on it before coming up with Chinese food. "I'll order that then. Do you think Sami would pick it up for us?"

"Absolutely. But only if he gets a little," she said, and her mother approved it.

Rosalie's phone buzzed, and she squinted at the notification. It was from the Welcome Back Party group chat.

___

Sami invited Jamie-Lee Berry to Welcome Back Party

SAMI: GIRL GANG OF BALL-KICKERS IS OFFICIALLY THE MOST ACCURATE GROUP CHAT NAME EVER TO BE PREDICTED IN THE HISTORY OF HISTORY

JAMIE: O my God

BRYNN: hOLLA

JOANNA: 🗣

ALYSSA: 🗣

RAY: 🗣

JULIANA: 🗣

ISAIAH: 🗣

MARK: 🗣

JADE: 🗣

LU: 🗣

ROSALIE: sTAHP oh my god it was just oNE TIME

JOANNA: make iT A THIIIING

BRYNN: kick ALL OF THE BALLS IN THE TWELFTH GRADE

JOANNA: LEAVE NO BALL UN-KICKED

ROSALIE: What happened to being cIVIL

Alyssa changed Welcome Back Party to Ball-Kicking Extravaganza

___

"Oh no," Rosalie moaned, slapping a hand to her face.

About an hour later, Sami came knocking on their front door, and together the three of them ate at the kitchen table. Sami cast knowing looks to Rosalie throughout the entire meal every time one of their phones buzzed. Rosalie scowled at him for starting the trend, and for even making the group chat a success for that matter. She turned off her notifications after a while and watched as her mother picked up a carton of rice and dumped the remaining bits onto her plate.