47 | Who Do You Think I Am?

The Adams boys were three floors above the Knights, according to Jamie-Lee Berry. Because of this, it wasn't hard for Rosalie, Ray, and Joanna to find them. Rosalie's hair was still wet by the time they climbed to the Adams floor. She almost expected her white-hot anger to turn all the water in her being into steam, but that just wasn't the case.

She checked her messages where Jamie had leaked Blake's room number, and together, she tracked down his door with Joanna looking over her shoulder. Ray knocked on it, a hand on her hip, and continued to knock until the lock came undone.

When the door opened, voices leaked out, and Blake's laughter came to a halt at the sight of their serious expressions waiting outside the door. Blake lowered his hand, a foot propping the door open as he took them all in and said, "Did... something happen?"

"Uh, yeah, the Eagles. Heard of them?" Joanna said, crossing her arms. She rose an eyebrow at him and the other Adams boy behind him. Jamie wasn't with them, considering he didn't exactly have a game to prep for.

"Oh! Yes, the Eagles. I'm friends with their captain on Instagram," Blake said, smiling.

"The guys or the girls captain?" Rosalie asked.

"The guys," he said with a wistful sigh. "So nice."

Rosalie spared herself a split second to address the curious look Blake's righthand man sent one of the other guys in the room. The other guy, reclined back on the pillows, raised a hand and shrugged. Meanwhile, Joanna looked .2 seconds away from tearing her hair out. Her fingers were already clasped to the damp, tangled strands of her half-dry hair.

"Our first match is against the Eagles," Blake said as Joanna stepped towards him, hand raised out with every intent of shaking her answers out of him. He smiled at her, head tipped to the side. "But... this isn't about the guys, is it?"

"It's about their snake of a captain," Joanna hissed, thumping her hand on his chest. "They know about Kaiserslautern."

Rosalie was sure she'd never witness the look on Blake's face again. His smile slipped instantly, and even that was enough to put his teammates on edge. The guy at his side put a hand to Blake's shoulder and said, "What's she talking about?"

Blake stared at Joanna unblinkingly before he shut his eyes and shook his head. "Everything?" he asked.

The one word pulled Rosalie's shoulders down, the breath escaping her. The inklings of something heavy and cold settled in, oozing around her heart where she thought she stood at Joanna's side. Joanna wanted her. Didn't Joanna trust her? Joanna had said so before, and everyone knew it: Blake Miles didn't keep secrets. What secret could Joanna have shared with Blake that she didn't with Rosalie?

Joanna shook her head at Blake, but Rosalie was already steeling her expression, teeth clenched tight. "Not everything, but it won't take long. If they get ahold of her, they'll have everything."

"You don't know that," Blake said, voice firm. He looked at his friend, brushing the guy's hand from his shoulder as he took a step towards the door. "I'll be back."

"Dude, Coach wants us in the lobby—" the guy started, but Blake silenced him with, "I'll meet you guys down there!"

Ray held a hand in front of Rosalie, pushing them both back as Blake pulled Joanna by the wrist as far as the hallway. He dropped her hand, looking both ways before Joanna tugged him towards the end of the hall. Doors were open, Adam High members were mingling about—no part about this was subtle or private. Rosalie stared at Ray, still within Blake's hotel room threshold.