Dearest.

-Alex POV-

There was a house in the heart of Virginia that I was fond of. It was large and old fashioned with a porch that went around the entire house. It had a long drive way with woods that surrounded the oddly calm atmosphere.

I enjoyed walking around the building when it seemed there was nowhere else to go. Oddly enough, I don't remember ever seeing a person try and live in it.

I had already circled the country for the fifth time so I decided to go back to this welcoming site. But as I walked towards it, I saw two men standing in front of it. Curious, I walked closer to see what they were talking about and why they were here.

"Are you sure you prefer this house? There are plenty of other nice homes for you." A man with mousy brown hair that also looked a bit ginger inquired. I looked at the other young man he was speaking to and- woah.

If I could see myself I'm sure I'd be blushing. The man looks stunning. Tall and well built. What looked like a puff of dark curls clouded around his face. His eyes are filled with intelligence.

"Yes, Seabury, I'm sure." Came his deep, fruity voice. Seabury seemed to be a bit apprehensive. What's wrong with this house huh?

"Well, it's rather...worn down. You'd have a lot of work on your hands." Was his reply. "It may be a bit of a fixer upper but I'm sure I can make do. Besides, it does seem like a gorgeous house."

I decided to stop listening there as I began to walk off. I guess I'll have to find another house to rest at when I'm not traveling.

But as I reach the main road around a mile or two from the house. I start to feel dizzy. Something I haven't experienced since I died.

I forgot what a frustrating sensation I could be.

I stop in my tracks and close my eyes. I try to regain my balance as I become less dizzy. But as I opened my eyes I found myself back at the house. What?

I look around and panic slightly. But then I saw the man from earlier. It was just him so I guess that Seabury guy left. Seeing this man seemed to... reassure me in a way.

That's when I realize...I was just transported back here....where this man is....and only him.

Oh. My. Stars.

"I FOUND MY SOULMATE!" I yell out loud. I startled myself and clasped a hand over my mouth. I haven't been that loud in over two hundred years.

Of course though, my soulmate didn't hear me. I noticed he had some luggage and he started taking it inside. And being a little disoriented, I followed him.

As he started to unpack a bit while humming, I began thinking. What now? What am I supposed to do? Obviously I'm supposed to get him to see me but... how in the world do I do that?

I have experimented before and I can move a couple things but it takes a lot of energy. Is it energy if I'm dead? I don't know it's just a bit draining so I can only slightly pick up small things and move light things like curtains or paper.

Lost in thought, I don't notice when my soulmate starts walking towards me and...pushes me of the way.

My first reaction is to glare at him but my expression soon changes to surprise because he just touched me. Or rather, I touched him. He didn't even notice.

I walk up to him and place my hand on his arm. Shivers run down my spine because I haven't touched another person in so long and I feel like I've been deprived of human comfort. But...he still doesn't notice me. Hmm...
well, I guess he can't touched me but at least I can touch him-okay yeah that sound REALLY wrong!

It starts to get dark outside and he decides to go to sleep. He goes into the master bedroom where there was a bed I'm guessing was moved there earlier before he officially moved in. He grabbed some clothes from his suitcase and started stripping in front of me!

I know he can't see me and I could probably look at him and check him out and all but I'm easily flustered okay and I'm not going to watch my soulmate- a stranger! strip in front of me like a pervert!

So I turned around and refused to turn back around until I heard him get into his bed.

He turns off his bedside lamp and lays down to get comfortable. I decide to lean in a kiss him on his cheek.

"Goodnight my dearest."