Dead.

-Alex POV-

I get to watch my soulmate as he fixes up his house. Minutes turn to hours. Hours turn to days. Days turn to weeks.

Now it's been a full month since he moved in and the house finally looks complete. Although I've yet to learn his name.

He hasn't left the house at all; ordering food, talking over phone calls, and tidying up his home. Therefore I haven't heard his name yet.

I sit in my favorite chair as I watch my soulmate talking on the phone. It's a rocking chair which means that it rocks slightly as I sit in it. I noticed that I could subtly move some things.

My soulmate seemed to be talking to a close friend of his. My soulmate referred to them as James or Jemmy.

"Oh please, Jemmy. The house is beautiful and I swear I've fixed everything." My soulmate said in a jokingly bragging manner. "In fact, how bout y'all come over? You, the Schuyler Sisters, the Revolutionary set, heck- even Burr can come!"

The names of these people certainly confused me but the name Burr really rung a few bells. Burr huh....must be a descendant.

"Right?! So everyone can come out and see my new place, have a few drinks, play some games, just have some fun!"

Well I might be able to actually learn my soulmates name and "meet" his friends. And he seems really excited for this, too.

"Alright! See ya then!"

~wow my first time skip in a fanfic~

My soulmate appears to be excited for his friends to come. He got out some bored games and alcohol. Some of the names of these board games included one that was called "Ouija Board".

The doorbell rang, signaling the arrival of his friends.

They all came into the living room and I listened to their conversation to figure out who is who.

The "Revolutionary Set" consisted of three guys; a freckled man with long curly hair called John, a tall, well-built man with a beanie called Hercules, and a tall, french man with curly hair tied into a ponytail-bun thing who looked similar to my soulmate.

The "Schuyler Sisters" consisted of three girls; two with curly hair but one was taller and slightly darker than the other and one with straight and long dark hair. Although judging by the conversation, that's the only thing completely straight about her. Their names were Angelica, Eliza, and Peggy.

"Jemmy" or James looked similar to Hercules except shorter and calmer. He was really close to my soulmate. Like a little too close for my liking....I hope nothing is between them.

And Burr was bald headed and stoic. While everyone else seemed over excessive and wild, Burr seemed rather bored or annoyed with being there, although I could tell he was amused by everyone's antics.

That leaves me to my soulmate. After a conversation I can actually hear, I finally learned his name. Thomas. What a simple yet beautiful name.

No one sat down in my rocking chair so I did as I listened to their chatting.

They all seemed so happy. Cracking jokes and annoying one another as if they were siblings.

This is what my generation missed out on; the ability to be passive aggressive to each other and be insensitive without hurting anyone because everyone knows it's a joke.

Wish I could've enjoyed that while I could. Wish I could enjoy that now.

I wish I can join them. I wish I could become a part of this friend group. I wish I could build a life around these people and create experiences and memories with them.

I wish I could join Thomas. I wish I could hold his hand. I wish I could kiss him. I wish I could build a family with him. I wish I could be held in his arms and just enjoy one another's presence.

I wish I could show him my love

I wish I wasn't dead.