Chapter 16

A/N: 

Sorry it's taken so long to update, my daughter went into hospital, and then I got sick. She should be coming home soon, hopefully.

 Warning! Graphic, sexy chapter coming up!

Hey guys, #30 in sexscenes! Yay. Out of only 1k, lol, but still...I notice when I read other peoples stories they update the readers with their books rankings, so I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon.

Anyhow... I've been in a bit of a slump because I've got too much happening on the plot line going forward, so I'm going to cut back on what I had planned to write. I don't want this to be a story that meanders on and loses impetus, so I'm nipping some of my gratuitous plans in the bud, as they distract from the main plot. So, from here on I'm trying to stay true to the issues, which are: 

Izzy needs to save her mother, but how can she get her out, when her mother can't disobey the alpha order not to leave the pack?

Izzy and Rock need to ignore the fact they are mates, to prevent her from being culled, but what can they do when the urge to consummate the bond is so powerful? 

Rocks upbringing has turned 'purity' into a big deal, not just bloodlines, but physically as well. How bad will he react when he finds out his mate isn't a virgin? And will he cheat with another woman to get back at her? 

Now that I've given you a taste of what's to come, and hopefully not too many spoilers, I will proceed.

PS: Please give feedback on future plot ideas, any input is very much welcomed.

Rock

  The other slaves were eager to show him to his next class, and he was confused by their sudden camaraderie. He didn't despise them the way the other juveniles did, but they'd never been friends, and now they assumed he fought for them. Why?

  Maybe he should let them think he'd been championing them though, so they wouldn't turn their attention to Isabella. 

   Unlike her packmates, she had left him to find his own way to his next class, and he couldn't help feeling resentful. Was guiding him so fucking arduous? 

  He wondered if the cloying stench of female arousal was what had put her off. It followed him like a dark, personal cloud, an unfortunate response to the heavy pheromones he was throwing out. The emissions were an intrinsic part of the beasts instinct to call his mate in, and it sucked that every female responded to it except the one he wanted.

  Rock followed the slaves, trying to stay at the back of their small crew, but the pures insisted on keeping him in the middle of their huddle.

  They reached a new corridor and he found himself suddenly deaf to their chatter and distracted from his anger. A strange compulsion tugged at him, drawing him on... he lifted his head and inhaled deep, searching for the scent.

  There it was. Mouthwatering. His mate. 

  She was in need, and the scent of her juices had him licking his lips, while his cock went from semi-erect, to rock hard.

  Where was she? Was she waiting for him? His heart started to pound harder and he followed like a dog on her trail. 

  He had to see her... not to do anything, they couldn't here, but to make sure she was alone. That her arousal didn't attract other males, and wasn't caused by someone else. He didn't know what he would do if she had another male with her. It would be ugly.