f o u r | m o n - e l

I look at Imra and Winn. Imra nods slightly. 

"Winn and I will be there as soon as possible. Brainy, you think you can cover for us on the ship?" I ask into the speaker. 

"Yes. Make your way back over here quickly," Brainy says.

"Winn, can you re-route us?" I ask him. 

"Sure thing, boss," he says. 

"Who knew that one day you would be the one calling me that," I chuckle. 

I acknowledge Kara. "Kara, we'll be there soon," I smiled internally at the thought of seeing Kara again. 

How many more times will I have to say goodbye to her and then coming running back?

"Thank you." It's barely a whisper.

I look at Imra and gesture for her to follow me. 

"Look, Imra, I-"

"No, Mon-El, you don't have to. I know you, and you don't have to apologize. I'm the one who owes you everything. You saved our world's with the alliance. But now, because the blite never happened, we can be friends," she says. 

"I'm sorry, Imra," I say again, nodding. 

"It's okay, Mon-El. You and Kara are meant to be, I know what she means to you. If you remember, you never stopped talking about her when you first arrived," she smiles. 

"Yeah," I sigh. 

"After everything you've done for us, creating the Legion and saving the future, my families future, I will forever be in your debt," she says.

"You don't owe me anything Imra. Thank you for this, for everything," I say.

Imra and I smile. Closure is what I needed and now I can move on. I loved Imra, more so as a friend than someone I could love. I've only ever loved one person and in some time, I'll be near her again. 

I'm just afraid, I'm afraid that this time I won't have the heart to say goodbye.