n i n e | m o n - e l

"What news do you have?" Kara asks Alex as we walk into the DEO together. 

"Well, nothing much. She hasn't been spotted yet and it's hard to track her," she says. 

"Why don't you just track her using a radar? Track for a Kryptonian, you've done that before with Kara, haven't you?" I question. 

Alex just looks at me before slapping the back of Winn's head. 

"Hey! What was that for?" Winn whines.

"You've been gone for three days and you forgot how to track a Kryptonian?"

"I didn't take into consideration that she would be a Kryptonian. I wasn't told who we were looking for, only that we were looking for someone, so please don't go blaming an innocent man," Winn says. Both Kara and I let out a chuckle as Alex and Winn continue to argue. 

"Looks like it didn't take them long to go back to how they were before," she laughs while we both walk into the training room together. 

"Just like old times," I say. "You ready to train?" I ask. 

"Born ready," she says and holds up her hands. 

I mimic her stance and we begin to circle each other rather playfully. She throws the first punch but I easily dodge it and turn around. I find my hand caught in her cape and smile. She lifts me off the ground and releases me mid-air. I land on my feet. 

"Your cape tricks are getting a lot better," I continue to smile. 

"Well, I had a good teacher," she smiles back, blushing slightly. 

"Let's go again," I say. 

We continue to train for an hour before taking a break. 

"Kara!" Winn barges into the room. 

"What is it? Did you find her?"

"No. But there is a robbery happening right now at the National City Bank."

Kara looks at me before we both take off. 

When we get there, Kara takes care of the robbers while I make sure the civilians are okay. I guide them out of the bank. 

"Are you okay, ma-am?" I question the receptionist. 

"Yes, thank you," she sighs heavily. I smile and nod my head at her. 

It doesn't take long before the police show up. I notice a familiar face within the police officers. Maggie Sawyer.