s e v e n | m o n - e l

We jump back at the same time when Kara's ringtone resonates through the loft. 

Kara quickly makes her way and picks up the phone. "Alex? Did you find something?" She patiently stands and listens to Alex on the other line. "Okay, well, keep me posted." She hands up the phone and walks back over. "Sorry, that was Alex. She just told me that Winn is working on tracking our rogue Kryptonian."

I nod and smile, although it doesn't reach my eyes. This is the second time Kara was about to kiss me but something always seems to get in the way.

"Um, so," I stutter. 

"Yeah." The tension between us is fierce. I don't know whether I should do or say something. 

"So, tell me about this Kryptonian," I try to make conversation. 

"Well, there isn't much to tell. We don't have much on her. Only that she looks exactly like me and she could have powers. We don't know much because there has been no new information on her and the first and last time she was spotted, was at the Siberian border."

"Siberian border?" I question. "Out of all the places in the world?"

"Tell me about it," she sighs. 

"Hey, don't worry, we'll get through it, we always do, somehow," I say. 

She smiles. 

"I'm just really happy things are back to normal, or at least as normal as it can be," she says. 

"Yeah?"

"Hm, It will be really different without J'onn, but I think we'll be okay," she reassures herself. 

Kara is now in front of the oven, waiting for the potstickers. "You and your potstickers," I chuckle. 

"Hey, you love them too," she counters. 

"Touche," I say with a smile. 

"I've missed this," she smiles. "Us, laughing and talking."

"Me too," I say. "Kara, I don't know where you stand right now," the words slip out of my mouth without meaning to. "But I just want you to know that I never stopped thinking about you."

Kara looks at me, surprised with my sudden confession. 

"Mon-El," Kara says. 

"Every day and night away from you was, it was torture. Your necklace gave me hope, that one day I'd come back to you. I know it probably doesn't mean much to you, seeing that I came back with Imra," I pause. "But I never stopped caring about you. I never stopped loving you," I say silently. 

Before I have a chance to say anything else, I feel Kara's lips on mine. Soft and familiar. 

"Hi," she says when she pulls away slightly, our foreheads still touching. 

I smile. "Hi."