Pack

Cocking her arm back Amber squinted one grey- green eye shut so that she could have a clearer view of her target. She has had this habit, along with slightly sticking out her tongue when she is focusing,  since before she could talk. Swiftly Amber spun around on her heel and with her long blonde hair fanning out around her, she let go of the dagger at the precise moment.

Thud! The sweet sound of metal to wood. Amber grinned happily with satisfaction and leaned down to pet her sister's caramel furred head between her ears, when she came loping to her just seconds ago. Then jogged across the wide, open, forested field to retrieve her most prized weapon from an old, rickety, Oak tree. This Oak had been her target for who knows how long, there were so many little and deep nicks from where the knife had embedded itself into the trunk.

     The dagger itself is as strong sheet of glistening obsidian and is adorned with a rare yet pure BlackWood handle. Every time Amber held the small knife she got this feeling that the weapon was originally designed for her, though she knew that it was not in fact made for her grip. She knew this because she had stolen it from a passing weaponry cart when she was nine.
        She had known that it was not exactly the most appropriate thing for a young girl of nine years to do, but she needed something to keep her alive and not dead on the side of the gravel road. 

   The odd thing is that the knifes length and handle seemed to grow along with the owner. Meaning it would fit Amber till the dagger found a new person to possess it, or someone else stole it. 

         With one vicious tug Amber finished retrieving her greatest possession, leaving a fresh, sap oozing, cut in the ancient bark. She turned to face her siblings, the wolves, as they come bounding right at her; giving her just enough time to sheath the weapon that could possibly kill them. Their sloppy, all-teeth, grins gave them this childish look that brought so much happiness to Amber. 
          Right now there's Shabbat the male, and the boss of the younger sisters, Romana the brave and decisive, and the youngest; Maleah the excitable, hyper, and free pup.

Their mother was Tawna, and their father was Rehvi, but an incident in a fearsome battle between this pack and a rouge pack looking to take control, their lives were tragically taken. Leaving their three young pups parent-less just like Amber herself.

       All this is Amber's pack.  Her home,  her family, and she was never going to leave them. Till she is forced to do so.