Farewell

Steadily I turned and looked into Nolan's eyes, then glanced down at his hand that was resting around my waist which he quickly retracted out of awkwardness. He looked down and began fiddling with his hands in his lap and kept fighting this tiny smile that played on his lips, almost like he couldn't believe he touched me and didn't die. 

          Shakily I stood up, facing the pack head on. I know they couldn't understand me well, but I hoped that they would understand my tone of voice. I took in a slow breath, stepped forward once more and began.
           "You have all helped me when I needed you most. Some of you more than others," I looked sadly at my wolven siblings who sat with their ears perked up and panting, " You have taken care of me from the first step I took into your territory, and I couldn't have asked for better pack mates. But now is my time to leave. I wish you all the best and a good hunt." 

       I glanced behind me to see Nolan raising up to meet me. He looked as though he was about to say something and I quickly prayed in my head that he wouldn't be stupid and screw this up again. But instead he said something that came very close to my heart.  "Thank you. You have healed me and taken care of me even when I didn't deserve it for the way I treated you. And I'm sorry I'm taking Amber away from you, uh, she doesn't have to go if she doesn't want to," He turned away from the pack and to me, " You know you can stay?" 

        I smiled, "I know..."  

       "Ok, no turning back now am I right?"

       Nolan's hand brushed my pale, bare arm and I ended up staring into the forest, rethinking everything I had ever done in this pack. I felt a tear travel down my warm cheek and I quickly brushed it away with the hand that wasn't occupied by Nolan's.  

         A sudden cool breeze blew around me and whipped my blonde hair into the air. The hot Summer days were coming to a close and welcoming Autumn as its own. The pack stuck their muzzles into the sky and let out a long sad howl.  As each voice fell, the wolf that accompanied it stepped back, showing Nolan and I a pathway of sorts that led us to the end of the territory. 

        Nolan began walking and his hand slipped off my arm as he drew away. Me feet remained planted where they were, my eyes still glassy and dazed. Nolan turned back to me and gave an encouraging smile, took a few steps to me, took my hand again, and walked with me. About halfway down the pathway of fur Maleah stepped out of line and sat directly at my feet; her tongue rolling out of her muzzle, slobber hanging from her brindle bottom jaw. 

        "Oh, hey Mal..."

        Without so much as a yap she bounced forward and knocked me over, tears once again came to my eyes, not from the pain of falling, but from the pain of leaving. I shoved her off and jogged the rest of the way to the end of the path; refusing to turn around and see my family vanish, again. 

         Nolan still wasn't beside me yet, probably fighting off Maleah. So I took the chance to get out of the rings of trees. surrounding the dens of other packs. Heavy footfalls behind me notified me of Nolan's arrival, no matter how loud it might be and how much I wanted to hide, I felt a spur of happiness to hear him. 

        Heavy breathing echoed in my ear as soon as Nolan came to his terrible skidding stop, "I heard something, like a rustle, when we were back there. But no one was there.... whatever, where to now?" He whispered to me breathlessly.

        "Your choice, Nolan."

        "City it is." He gave me his lopsided grin and I felt heat rising up my cheeks. 

Ahhhhh, long, I'm sorry guys...  I keep doing this... either way, remember to read Karyhana's version and read the third view point from Just_Another_Lie!! Both of them are like my sisters so please vote on theirs and mine!!  I know mine isn't the best but as I get older I'll do mover revisions to make it perfect, please stay with me and dont give up on me for this!       Thank uuuuuu <3 My next goal is 500 reads and 100 votes! Please vote