Chapter 1

You heard a knock on your study door.

"Come in!" You called

"Hello Miss," Your favorite Butler B/n said while coming in, "Your mother is calling for you."

"Tell her i'll be right down" You said. B/n gave a bow and exited.

You sighed and got up looking out the window. You saw Eben the gardener tending to the roses out front. He looked up and waved, you waved back and smiled.

Your heels clacked as you headed downstairs you had almost tripped on you 3/f/c dress about 5 times already and did it once again. You groaned as you spotted a tear in the dress. This had happened to 10 dresses in the last month. Everyone that knew you never let you carry anything breakable or sharp because you were known to be quite clumsy.

When you finally made it to the bottom of the stairs your heal got stuck and you stumbled into the new butler Nels. You closed you eyes waiting for a crash that never came. Opening your eyes you looked up to find yourself in Nels' hands. You blushed Nels was very cute with bright green eyes that pierced into your E/c ones. You had made a fool of yourself.

"I am very sorry" You sorry you said getting yourself up.

"N-No, no, nonononono," He talked quickly looking embarrassed of himself, "'Tis me that is sorry for touching you, Lady Y/n. That was very improper for me to touch you anywhere without your permission."

You laughed, "If you hadn't I would've fallen, I am thankful." You smiled. He nodded and quickly walked away.

You went into the living room to find your mother drinking a cup of tea.

Just when you were about to call out her maid, Magdalena,  said, "Miss MM/n, Your daughter is here shall I poor her some tea" Your mother nodded.

"Y/n sit.' Your mother commanded. You sat. "I have some splendid news, but I know you will not be very happy with it"

You just nodded. Your mother was a very strict person the fewer words you said the better.

"As of tomorrow you will be headed of to live at a different manor for 6 months" Your eyes widened, "The Noble you will be staying with is named, Alois Trancy." She looked at you for a reply.

"Why so sudden?" Was the only thing you could get out. This was all so much.

"Actually I have been planning this since Luka died, Trancy was the first to accept."

Luka. Luka was your betrothed before he had died of illness. He had engaged to you since birth and as soon as he died your mother went into panic. Most nobles ,as you had been, were born into a engagement. Your mother was worried you would never get a husband and had started searching for single nobles around your age.

"Anyway I asked M/n to accompany you so you will have someone you know." She took a sip of her tea.

You felt like crying. You didn't want to go live with some most likely self centered noble. You and Luka had been best friends you had still not gotten over his death. But your mother had, Your mother had decided this, fighting would get you no where. You bowed to you mother and left the room.

You were not ready for what was to come.