Chapter 3

JezzaBelle:

I was flying with Peter to the mainland as the previous night his shadow was ripped from him by a 'vicious beast' as he put it, so we were going to retrieve it. We stopped outside a window that had colorful glass in it creating a picture Tink was on Peter's shoulder (I had left Z at home to mind the boys).

Tink flew over and using her magic opened the window she flew in fast as a light and started searching. Peter gently landing on the windowsill looking inside almost scared to enter then Tink flew over excited, and they flew deeper into the room I sat on the edge of the sill my legs hanging down as I stared up at the stars smiling at their beauty.

I got so distracted by their beauty that I didn't even notice that Peter was banging his foot with a wooden block trying to stick his shadow back on it clearly wasn't working I was pulled from my thoughts when I heard a sweet angelic voice speak.

"Boy? Why are you crying?" I quickly hid up on the roof.

I couldn't really hear the rest of the conversation only bits and pieces. "Pan...." "Darling...." "Can... fly" soon I heard a full question.

"Where do you live?"

I froze a little at that question wondering what Peter might tell her then I heard him say "Second star to the right and straight on till morning" I smiled and floated down a bit so I could hear more clearly.

"They put that on the letters?"

"Don't get any letters."

"But your mother gets letters. "that's when I landed on the windowsill.

Mothers had always been a sore subject to talk about with Peter, I bit my lip and looked in as Peter gulped then answered. "Don't have a mother. "

I saw Wendy gasp a look of sadness and pity flashing over her features instantly.

"No wonder you were crying" She spoke softly, and I rolled my eyes a bit.

"I wasn't crying about mothers, I was crying because I couldn't get this shadow to stick... and I wasn't crying! "Peter said as he stomped over grabbing the leg of his shadow trying to tie it on his voice getting louder, I chuckled a bit watching.

Wendy walked over carefully, like she was walking on thin ice one wrong move, and it would break. She sat down her legs folded neatly under her.

"I could sew it on for you "I saw Peter's shadow pin him to the wooden end of Wendy's bed as he nodded.

She skipped off to get what she needed, and Peter looked over at me I chuckled "Finally remembered I was here, did you?" I asked as I flew into the room and sat cross-legged in front of him.

He smiled "I always remember you, Jezz"

I looked up as Wendy came back holding a small silver needle in her hand and a bit of thread, she gasped seeing me and walked over slowly.

"Are you with Peter as well? Can you fly? You're incredibly beautiful, if you don't mind my saying so."

She spoke very quickly I found it hard to understand, I giggled when she finished.

"You talk very fast and ask a lot of questions but yes, I'm with Peter and yes, I can fly and, thank you very much for the compliment" I smiled at her, and she smiled back then got to work sewing Peter's shadow on.

I winced a little as I heard Peter let out small groans, I watched how she sewed with curious eyes having never seen it before.

She soon looked up at Peter and smiled while asking, "Might I borrow your knife?"

He gulped as he never trusted others with a weapon, he slowly handed it over. I gripped my sword handle, ready to attack at any moment, my eyes narrow slightly then she cut the thread and handed it back to Peter.

"Thank you" she nodded, and I heard a slight tinkling of bells, I looked behind me but saw nothing.

Peter jumped up grabbing the poles on the end of two beds, he swung his legs forward his shadow slapping against the wall, I giggled.

"Oh, the cleverness of me!" He shouted gleefully his hands in fists placed on his hips in a triumphant pose as he grinned widely.

"Of course, I did nothing" Wendy said, and Peter shrugged swinging his legs again.

"Awe, you did a little." I shook my head leaning my forehead on my palm.

"A little?" Wendy asked clearly annoyed, she stood up and walked to her bed getting in. "Good-night." she said pulling the blanket over her head and laying still.

I stood up glaring at Peter slightly, "Fix it" I mouthed to him pushing him over to Wendy.

He walked over and sat on the edge of Wendy's bed. "Wendy...one girl's worth more than twenty boys"

Her reply came out muffled by the blanket. "You really think so?"

Peter glanced over at me "I live with boys the lost boys...they are well named" Suddenly Wendy sat up pushing the covers off, making Peter let out a small scream as he fell off the bed.

"Who are they?"

He jumped up quickly acting like it never happened causing me to giggle, "Children, who fall out of their prams when the nurse is not looking, if they are not claimed in seven days, they are set to the Neverland" he explained walking to the end of the bed.

"Are there girls too? Besides JezzaBelle of course" Wendy asked smiling at us.

"Girls are much too clever to fall out of their prams" he smirked bending down, so he was looking at her, through a heart carved in the end of her bed.

"Peter...it's perfectly lovely, the way you talk about girls" I crossed my arms smirking now

"I should hope so, considering I practically raised him" he rolled his eyes smiling at me and Wendy giggled.

Wendy glanced at me, then crawled up to the end of her bed "Peter...I should like to give you a... kiss"

I felt my heart sink and I floated down from where I had been floating off the floor, I gulped as Peter stood up, holding out his hand.

Wendy frowned, tilting her head slightly "Don't you know what a kiss is?"

"I shall know when you give me one "Peter replied smiling simply.

Wendy looked at her finger and took off the object she was wearing while sewing Peter's shadow on, she placed it in the palm of his hand. Peter now looked confused, he brought the small metal object up to his nose and sniffed it giving a slight smile to Wendy.

"I suppose, I am to give you one now?"

Wendy smiled giggling and leaned closer "If you like." then she leaned closer turning her cheek to the side.

I tilted my head wondering what she was doing, Peter looked down and around wondering what to give her, I walked over quietly and handed him an acorn that was attached to a vine in my hair. I smiled at him, and he returned it, I stepped away as he gave it to Wendy. I flew over to the window and felt something odd... Something is happening in Neverland.

I looked at Peter "I must return home Peter, the pirates are acting up again, I'll see you there" he nodded, and I waved to Wendy.

Then I flew out thewindow and flew fast to the star returning home.