Hide

When i woke up the next morning, shane had already woken up and was in the kitchen sitting at the table with a cup of coffee reading a book. He hadn't noticed id woken up yet. i was still in wolf form so i turned back and walked slowly into the kitchen. there was a toilet at the end of the kitchen that had a mirror. i walked in there and had a look at myself, i looked like i had just a woken from my grave. i walked back into the kitchen and switched the kettle on then sat at the kitchen table facing Shane. He still hadn't noticed me, he was too into his book. i took my finger and placed it on the inside of the books spine and then pushed it down on to the table. Shane lifted his head up too look at me. "you know i was enjoying that. sleep well?"

"slept like a rock, as you can see"

the kettle made a popping sound, telling me that it was boiled. i walked over to it, dragging my feet as they hadn't woken up yet. as i poured the hot water into a mug, i felt my self nodding off again but before i could fall asleep, i felt Shane's arms rap around my waist. He leaned onto me as i put my head back to lean on him. we stood there for a few seconds, enjoying the moment. once he had let go, i tipped some coffee powder into my mug and stirred. i needed black coffee to wake me up. as i picked up my coffee, there was a knock on the door.

"Get your cloak, and put it on." Shane said in a serious voice.

i did, i rushed over to the sofa, where it was hanging of the arm and put it on without question and then ran in the kitchen to hide. Shane stomped over to the door and unlocked it. As he opened it, i heard him say "freya?"

"SHANE! I've been worried sick, i thought you were dead!"

"what do you mean, whats going on?"

the girl called freya was about the same age as me, her hair was a dark brown and was cut in a bob, she was quite tall, she was wearing a pair of black glasses, a grey cold shoulder t-shirt with a leather jacket, a pair of black leggings, a pair of dark grey converse and a black choker with a gold and silver necklace. Her eyes were Brown and she had freckles on her nose. i was worried that she was Shane's girlfriend as she shouted"Who the hell is this?"

She grabbed my hood and was about to pull it straight back until Shane stepped in front of her and shouted "STOP!"

i stepped back and said as calmly as i could "who is she?"

Freya snapped back " may i ask you you the same"

Shane butted in " she's a friend"

"then why does she wear a hood, i bet she's a spy! Shane move out the way, let me handle this."

Freya pushed past Shane and pulled my hood straight back, i turned into my wolf self as quickly as i could and pounced on her. she fell to the ground. as we started to tackle on cold floor, snarling and growling at each other with fangs and teeth out, Shane roared "STOP!"

My bones rattled as his voice echoed through out my body. me and freya stopped and stood up slowly in silence. i turned back and stared at Shane.

"Freya meet Keira, Keira meet Freya my sister."

i looked at her and sighed in relief to finally find out that she was not his girlfriend. Freya stared at me in disgust. she walked up to Shane and whispered in his ear "you know what she is right, she could be a spy"

"i can hear you, you know. if you knew what i was you wouldn't be whispering"

She stomped over to me in long strides and stopped right in front of me. she was wearing a fancy perfume as i could smell the fragrance from a mile away. " and who said you could speak, and how do i know your not a spy"

"im not your dog, i can speak when i want and to who i want and if i was a spy, i would have killed you by now, not that it would have been hard"

"Shut up mutt, you have no right to speak to me. if you aren't a spy then why did you attack me, answer me that mutt"

"first of all, i attacked you because you threatened me by pulling my hood off and second if you ever call me mutt again, i swear i will not hesitate to rip your throat out and eat it"

" id like to see you try, M.... m..mu...mu....mutt"

i started to snarl and growl at her as she stared straight into my murderous eyes. Shane was just standing there, watching the show drinking my cup of black coffee until he finally interrupted and said" alright, no ones tearing anyones throats out. so Freya whats up, you came in screaming at me."

" some vampires have come into town killing any other supernatural thing they come across, they are drinking fresh human blood as they please and dumping there bodies. and guess who's leading them..."

"i don't need to"

he walked over to the kitchen window, looking at the morning sun. His face looked harsh as sun light reflected off his bright eyes. "its Bruce isn't it"

Freya nodded. i had heard of this Bruce in many of my journeys and i have been told that he slayed 100 men at the snap of his fingers.
"I have heard about this bruce, i heard he killed 100 men at the snap of his fingers"

Freya looked up slightly and said "he did, i saw him do it. He could have a spy in every corner and we wouldn't know about it, thats why i don't trust you because you could be one"
She stared at me with fierce eyes as if i could strike at her at any minute.Shane walked over to me and took my hand, i felt all my hairs stand on end.
"I trust Kiera with my life Freya, i know that she isn't working with Bruce, you can count on it."
Freya stared at Shane's hand as if she felt uncomfortable with me holding his.
"Fine, i trust you" she walked in front of me. "But if she hurts you or me in any way, i will not hesitate to kill her"
I let go of Shane's hand and walked past Freya, walking into the living room. I started to walk towards the front door as i thought it would be best if i stayed out of the situation and just went home.
Shane ran and stopped in front of me before i could touch the brass door handle. "Where are you going?"
"Home" i pushed past him and touched the handle but Shane grabbed my wrist before i could push it down.
"Who knows what will happen if you step out of that door, you heard what Freya said, Bruce is killing any supernatural thing he comes across and I'm sorry but that includes you. I cannot let you go home."
Does he think i cant protect my self. I bet i could get home with out dealing with anything.
"If you hadn't noticed its light outside, which means he probably wont be killing anyone until the sun goes down"
"You don't know Bruce like i do Kiera so please don't leave"
He let go of my wrist and i stepped out of the door to leave. I might as well go hide at home.