Attack

I didn't understand what Shane's deal was, didn't he know i could defend myself. As i walked up my road, there was silence but not a normal silence, it was the type of silence that told you something wasn't right. i stopped and looked around the area to see if there was anyone around. there was no one. i speed walked to my front door and got my keys out, but there was no need as the door was already slightly open. My house was dark and cold as i walked inside and i could smell this unpleasant fragrance of beer and sweat. i walked over to the light switch in the hall and flicked it on but the light didn't come on. something definitely wasn't right. usually my kind, live in packs so we can deal with these situations but i live alone and i am the last one of my kind so if i heard about Bruce properly then i know if he was here, he wouldn't be here to kill me. i stepped into my living room and walked towards the kitchen but before i could enter, i had to deal with a hooded man who was in front of me. i stared at him for a few seconds as i realised that he probably wasn't here alone. the man ran straight towards me with a knife in his hand, i quickly moved out of the way and kicked him to the ground and then tour of his head with my sharp teeth. Another figure came out of the shadows, pouncing on me from behind, while another one of its comrades came from the front.

2 to 1 seemed unfair but they were still no match, as the one behind was 0.5 seconds quicker, i tugged on its jacket and swung it towards the one in front so they would hit Each other but by the time they reached the wall on the other side of the room, i was surrounded by five of them and was out numbered. I decided to turn into wolf form at this point as i knew things were going to get messy. I pounced on the one closest,  snarling like a savage wolf but before i could take any hits, another hooded figure grabbed me from behind, stabbing me in the stomach with a clip point knife. i fell to the ground. i turned back clutching my stomach as i tried to pull the knife out of my system, when all of a sudden, Shane came jumping out of my living room window. shards of glass flew around the room, landing on my wooden floor as Shane started taking out vampires like it wasn't a big deal. the hooded figures were dropping like flies, as i was trying to pull a knife out of my stomach. i was a fast healer so as my skin and flesh healed, the wound became more painful and if i didn't hurry up, the knife would be stuck in my body forever. As Shane was taking out the last vampire, i had finally got the knife half out, the pain was unreal, it felt as if i had a thousand forks were being stabbed into my stomach. As i was there in agony Shane finally came to the rescue and started to help me pull the bloody thing out. He put his hands on mine and started to pull as if his life depended on it, i was touched. It was on the very tip, one more tug. as soon as it slid out, i lost breath and passed out on the cold blood stained wooden floor of my living room.

I woke up on the warm red fabric of Shane's sofa. i still had a pain in my stomach from where the knife had been so there was no chance of me moving. Shane was sitting on the two seater sofa just slightly facing the four seater.

"i told you not to leave"

i looked at him, his eyes were wild. i couldn't believe this was the topic we was going for after i woke up.

" i could have handled it, you didn't have to step in"

"you was lying on the floor with a knife in your stomach, if i hadn't of come in when i did you would have had to live with that pain for the rest of your life. i don't think thats handling things."

i looked down at my stomach i noticed that Shane had taken off my jacket and had put one of his t-shirts on me, it was huge.

"if i could move i would slap you right now"

he stood up and walked towards me slowly. he dropped to his knees in front of me and then put his arms around me so tightly, i could feel tears streaming down my face.

"promise me you won't leave the house again without me, who knows what Bruce was trying to achieve today."

"Oh come on don't be a wuss, i only got stabbed in the stomach no biggie, it would have been worse if my eyes had been stabbed out or my head had been sliced off you know that. one knife in the stomach isn't going to kill me you know."

"PROMISE ME"

"dammit Shane. you can't expect me to promise you that. I'm a wolf, i can't be locked in a cage while theres a world outside even if there is a psychopathic vampire in it. Im my own person and i won't let a guy scare me"

"your an idiot to say that, you haven't even met bruce yet, you don't know what he can do."

i looked him straight in the eyes and said "if he's all that great and wanted to kill me, he would have done it by now and i bet theres a reason i was ambushed"

"what reason, why would he want you? its not like there isn't enough of your kind"

" i guess you didn't get the message"

he looked at me as if i was some type of alien from a different world. How could he be so clueless? everyone knows.

"im the last of my kind Shane"

"why didn't you tell me before, and you put your life on the line today" He stood up and walked to the other side of the room "you could have gotten killed but now i know that he probably won't kill you"

"Really Shane, catch up would ya. the next thing you know, you will think Bruce is dead. but in all seriousness, i can take care of myself."

"now i see why the war started, your kind just don't care about death do you, all you care about is defending yourselves. isn't it!"

I stood up and walked to towards him clutching my stomach as i went.

"why shouldn't i kill you right here and now as your kind has made our kind extinct, or why don't you just finish it off right here, right now!" i roared

"your too injured, i would finish you off in a heartbeat, and besides if you killed me now, who would protect you"

"i don't need protecting, and who said i couldn't fight you just as well with a wound"

" you know only people who need protecting would say that, no wonder Freya calls you a mutt because all you do is grovel at peoples feet"

I turned, growling and pounced at Shane, but before i could reach him, i felt as if i had just been shot in the stomach as i fell to the ground with thump. i turned back. Shane sighed and bent down to pick me up. i looked at him and then pushed myself out of his grasp.

"your an idiot you know that" i said

i walked towards the front door, picking my jacket up on the way when i heard Shane say "I'm sorry"

"its too late for that"

i pulled the door handle down, and left Shane alone.