Chapter 9: Show and Tell

It was the day after Graduation and my stomach was in knots. Tj and I decided it was time to let our Love ones know that me and him have been a thing for awhile now. I decided I was going to tell my mom and friends separately, and then was going to meet with Tj's family later on that night. I honestly did not know what I was going to say, I just really was worried about what their reactions was going to be once I told them, at this point in my life I really didn't care, but at the same time I did. I feel if they really loved me that they wouldn't look at me differently.

I felt that my mother and I should have the meeting in our own home, so I set up a nice breakfast so that we could discuss it, plus food helps with any situation, I Hope!

~ The Discussion ~

Ma: "Son I'm so proud of you, I can't believe 12 years of school flew by so fast, I remember when I first had you & how happy I was, I just would stare at you while you would sleep on my breast. And now to have seen you walk across that stage yesterday gave my confirmation that I did my very best with raising you by myself, with no help from anyone! I Just want you know that I Love You to the up most, and you make me proud ever time I look at you!"

Me: "Thank You Ma! I Love You Too, and always will, and I thank you for being the great mom that you have been, and always being there for me when I needed you the most."

Ma: "Thank You baby that really mean a lot to me, so what was the big news that you wanted to tell me, that caused you to break a sweat in the Kitchen for me." She said between laughs"

Me: First of all, I always cook for you, grabbing Chinese food and putting it on a plate is cooking to me. Anyways I really don't know what to say, or how to say this, and I really hope you will be there for me through this....

Ma: "Go ahead baby, it's okay tell me what it is, I know you have been acting really weird lately, so it must troubling you." She said moving closer to me.

Me: "It really is ma, and I honestly don't want you think it's your fault cause it's not, but it's something I just have to get off my conscience, and be able to feel myself around you.....

Ma: Baby please go ahead and tell me, your really starting to scare me...." she said rubbing my back

Me: "I'm Gay....." I said looking her in the face trying to hold back the tears

Ma: .........

Me: Ma please say something, this has been the hardest thing to keep from you, but I value your trust and Love and I know I couldn't keep this from you anymore.

Ma: Thank You Baby, Thank You for being honest with me, I am very hurt, not hurt that you kept it from me, but hurt because I had your whole future planned out, but it's not my life it is yours, and all I can do is be there to support you, and be here when you make mistakes. Its not something I agree with, but I can't hate you for it because I carried you for 9 1/2 months, so I couldn't see myself not talking to you because you like the same sex. All I have to say is that, I Love You, and just pray for your safety and well being. How long have you known?" She said taking the plates in the kitchen.

Me: Honestly, I've always had this attraction to the same sex, but it really has been this last year where it has been hard to hold back these feelings. I've actually been dating a guy for the last 6 months..." I said putting the drinks back in the fridge

Ma: But you've had so many girlfriends throughout High school, and I can honestly say I never noticed, I mean I have caught you staring at dudes in the mall, but I never thought anything if it, but you know telling me that not only are you Gay, but that you have a whole Boyfriend and have had one for the last 6 months. So you honestly wasn't planning to tell me cause 6 months is a long ass time Jason!" She said slamming her hand down on the counter