Chapter Nine

After my encounter with Harry, I felt like my emotions were on a whirlwind rollercoaster, I don't know why I reacted the way I did, I don't know why I didn't push him away or yelled at him, I just found myself leaning into his touch, I found myself craving the way his hand felt on my skin, maybe it's because he's the only guy I am dealing with right now aside from Zayn, maybe it's the fact that my life is boring and I haven't had a boyfriend for as long as I remember, I can still feel his presence as if he never left. Maybe it's because he's pulling me in by his dark and mysterious personality, everything about him intrigued me, but I don't like how I am feeling right now, I don't need affection.

I am feeling like I am having mixed emotions cause I don't like him; since the very first day I met him at the club but yet he's attractive and good-looking, but when I really think about it I know that all he did was trace his hand on my skin,it shouldn't be a big deal, but that's what I always do, make things a bigger deal than they already are, this is just the way I am and no matter how hard I try to change it, I can't, I always find myself over-thinking everything, it meant nothing and I should just get it out of my head.

I rested my head back on the chair letting out a huff of annoyance and boredom until I heard a knock on my office door, it was Jane.

"Long day?" She asked with a small smile holding a cup of coffee and placing it on my desk, it was black, just how I liked it.

I nodded my head "just got so much on my mind and working on this feature article is not helping the slightest bit"

She chuckled "that's why I thought you'd need this, you can't live without coffee anyways" she adjusted her hair then placed something on my desk.

"What is this?" I asked her furrowing my eyebrows.

"This is a newspaper article, thought you might wanna read it, it's about that guy from the asylum" she said shrugging.

"Why would you give it to me?" I asked afraid that she might have suspected something or heard me and Zayn talking about it.

"I just thought you were interested in this case since Mr Smith chose your previous article that was about him to be published, I can take it if you don't want it" she muttered.

I shrugged my shoulders, it was an act but eventually I was waiting for the moment she'd leave my office so I can see what did the article say or if there anything that proves that Styles is linked to the crime.

"Well, I have to go, Nathan is waiting for me in the third floor, we have loads of stuff to do" she didn't wait for my reply and I was thankful for that, then she slammed the door shut on her way out, I took a deep breath before reading the headline of the newspaper.

DNA INCLUDES STYLES:-
'DNA testing has now included Styles confirming his guilt, as the source of the hair found on the victim's body belongs to him after being analyzed under microscopy.'

I face-palmed at what I just read, my head was being bombarded with various thoughts and questions, I felt as if my brain was about to explode, so many things rushing in my mind all at once, I don't know whether I should believe this or not, but the word 'confirming' wasn't there for nothing, I remember Harry's words ringing in my ears 'interviewers always lie about evidences', I don't know what to believe anymore, I sighed drowning in my own thoughts, but there's a possibility that they could be lying.

I thought about everything that the girl at the institution said, everything she told me made all of those articles a bunch of lies in my eyes, from the fact that they banned the patients from seeing a doctor to the torturing techniques they used on them, but why would they do this to Styles? Why not any other patient? And more importantly where did he go or where is he hiding? I wonder if he's even alive after all of this.