Chapter Fourteen

I inhaled in a sharp breath hoping it would help my body to relax, the car ride felt way longer than it should, I could feel my hands shaking slightly on the wheel, my brain couldn't fathom the thought that they actually broke into the asylum just to get into more trouble after finding the file they were looking for, it won't stop there and I know it, once they get it they'll keep on looking further for more information, it wasn't hard to assume that this will lead one of us to be thrown in jail sooner than later and the thought terrified me to no end.

I felt the chillingly cold weather hit my face as I killed the car's engine, my eyes tearing up slightly at the wind's hardness, I saw Harry's car in the far distance hidden behind a large tree confirming my thoughts as they're still stuck in the room. I slammed the car's door quickly while crouching right beside it as I saw flashing lights moving like crazy and the sound of footsteps and yelling were filling the area, that doesn't sound good.

I took one final look before sprinting towards the main entry which seems completely and utterly stupid but since everyone was so distracted and heading towards the backdoor, they won't notice someone getting through the main entrance, I let out a sigh of relief as I rounded the corner seeing the familiar color of the door that no one is supposed to enter, as I pushed the door open harshly, I saw Harry's and Zayn's eyes widening.

"Surprised?" I asked holding holding their gazes as they seemed speechless, my hand was resting on the door knob as I saw Zayn shifting his eyes to Harry whose expression was unreadable "there's no time for the staring contest, let's get out of here before someone comes in"

I skipped hurriedly towards the other corner making sure that there was no one in sight and that we were out of the camera's reach, my body shuddered at the thought of getting caught or being surrounded by guards, my mind was drifting to thoughts of the worst scenarios that could possibly happen to us right here, as we moved immensely around the large building I could hear the sound of screaming still there, from the corner of my eye I could see plenty of shadows moving frantically which didn't help at all.

I was distracted from my thoughts all of a sudden when I was slammed into a body, gasping as I felt someone tilting my chin harshly in the opposite direction, I was freaking out until I met Harry's sharp stare, he pointed his finger to his lips indicating that I should just keep my mouth shut.

Why am I always getting slammed into someone in this place?

Once again I was pulled out of my thoughts and forced to focus on the real world when I heard the sound of the footsteps coming closer, my gaze met Zayn's as he looked frozen, his eyes closed for a moment shaking his head slightly as we saw the shadow approaching.

"Go look for them in the other corridor, now!! They couldn't have escaped, look for them everywhere" the voice was familiar but I just couldn't put a face that fits it, I prepared myself for the man to scream again as he was nearing the corner but he never did, his eyes met Harry's yet he didn't look scared nor surprised, the corner of his lips turned up which made me even more confused.

"Tell me, did you miss it?" The man asked but I couldn't see his face due to Harry's body and the fact it was covering my small attire, in a split second I heard the sound of someone crashing on the floor, Harry knelt down whispering something in his ear and that's when I saw him getting punched again that he was knocked out cold, I stared at Zayn in disbelief, I couldn't believe what just happened.

Too much for not interacting with anyone.

We started to separate one by one heading towards the abandoned car park hastily, Zayn quickened his pace as he threw the driver's seat open as he hopped in without saying a word.