Chapter Sixteen

Stay away.

It's such a simple order my brain repeats every single day yet I can't find it in me to follow it and keep my distance, why is that I don't see him half as bad as he portrays himself to be? I should hate him, all he's ever shown to me ever since I knew him was aggression, he'd do his best to push me away in more ways than anyone could imagine and I go back to sticking around, I want something my brain is completely rebelling against.

The fact that we just had a death trip a night ago and I don't know one single thing about what's in the file that him and Zayn found makes me triggered, I couldn't just brush it off and act like none of this happened, I couldn't act like we didn't just break in into a mental institution, I couldn't pretend that all of this is normal and ignore how we're almost solving some deranged guy's case that has been closed and opened way too many times and no one found a string that leads to the truth, why would this be any different? Why would we be any different? And most importantly what would we do if it was revealed that it was us that stole the file? How would we justify it? It's all messed up.

When I woke up I found myself sleeping on Harry's lap and his arm resting loosely around my neck, I was so bewildered on how we ended up in this position but the pounding ache in my head reminded me how and everything that occurred last night started flooding back, getting drunk can do this to someone...even Harry.

I groaned at the growing pain and started moving slightly from underneath Harry's grip, my heart skipping a beat with just looking at his face, his features were so calm unlike how he is when he's awake, he almost seemed perfect, but he's far from that. I let my fingers trace his cheeks ever so slowly, studying his sharp jawline and pink lips.

"You're so confusing" I whispered, giving him one last look before removing my hand from his face.

I started to make my way down the hall heading towards the stairs quietly, I am trying not to make a sound, I couldn't risk waking Zayn up, I couldn't face him, not after everything that's been happening between us lately, especially the recent events of our argument, the best thing I can do is to avoid him and that's why I am frantically searching for my phone in hopes I could leave Harry's place before they're awake.

But my attempts to find the phone stopped once something caught my eye, the file. I stood there for a couple of minutes, scared to open it and look at what's inside, what if all of this was not worth it and Styles is a psychopath who deserves to rot there for the rest of his life? I fought against my thoughts and grabbed the file feebly.

I opened the first page scanning the bold font that was scattered all over the paper, there was an empty space which I assumed was where his picture should've been placed before it was taken or whatever happened to it.

              CONFIDENTIAL

Patient's name : Harry Edwards Styles.

Age: 24.

Hometown: Alfritson east Sussex.

Mental Illness: BPD, DID

Ward Cell: 17B

Styles has caused notorious murders, he's been inspected and under heavy Probation ever since he arrived at Broadmoir, through the time where he was kept here he was under psychologists' eye, it was proven that styles suffers from borderline personality disorder and dissociative identity disorder, his lack of emotions, fear, anxiety is one of the many reasons that shows that styles reduces startle response which is unhighly common between the mentally stable, Styles reacts far less intensely in such fear-evoking situations that requires more action, all of this had things to do with his upbringing which was testified by his own family afterwards, they stated that he has always been disconnected from others and even himself, his constant anxiety, depression and mood swings were always a burden they didn't know how to deal with.