Chapter Twelve

Curiosity. Such a simple word with a complicated and a deeper meaning, humans are curious by nature however no one's curiosity is sparked by the same thing, nevertheless someone as closed off as Harry would spark anyone's curiosity and interest. I keep wondering how can someone live without feeling like they need to talk to anyone about whatever is happening in their lives? How can someone be so comfortable with being alone and separated from the world? How can someone switch modes in a matter of seconds? From being comfortable and talking like normal people would to flipping and yelling about invading their personal life by asking usual and common questions? With Harry being the way he is I know I'll never find the answer to any of those questions but it was worth trying, I just can't stop myself from wanting to know more about him no matter how many times I told myself to back off since he's an introverted jerk. 

He was completely avoiding me, I didn't dare to look him in the eyes, he was twisted in a way that makes me go freaking mental, if I dislike him so much then why do I keep on finding ways to learn more about him? 

My lips were pressed into a tight line as I took in my appearance in the mirror, horrible. That's how I looked right now, dark circles, eye bags and messed up hair doesn't really make you look human at all.

After what happened with Harry, there was an abnormal sense of tension and awkwardness, I am utterly stressed dreading the moment I'd fall asleep but I've got so much on my mind that I know that insomnia and overthinking would never let me catch a glimpse of rest despite my exhaustion and sleepy state. 

I peered at the digital clock on his nightstand, it read two AM, I felt frustrated at the fact that I was awake till now and I'd have to get up early, my eyes felt heavy as I scanned around his room taking in the dark interior.

I stumbled out of the room inhaling deeply as I saw Zayn sitting at one of the tables staring blankly at the wall with frustration clear in his eyes, I quietly walked towards him, waiting for a burst or anything but as I found none, I took a seat beside him feeling his body tense.

"I am sorry, but I am not really sorry, you know?" I blurted out feeling stupid as I did.

"What kind of apology is that?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

"An honest one, I am sorry for yelling at you and saying things that I didn't mean but I am not sorry for going to the institution alone" I answered truthfully.

"But you meant them, didn't you? He asked as he turned his face towards me, ignoring the fact that I just said that I didn't feel bad for not telling anyone about my whereabouts that day.

"I didn't, okay? I was just angry, I was being questioned like a child " I admitted, rubbing my temples as I did.

He was about to reply but I heard Harry's loud footsteps, he gazed at me with his piercing emerald green eyes, his jaw was hardly clenched that I thought it might broke.

"Why don't you tell us what happened in Broadmoir?" He asked referring to the asylum's name but it sounded more like a demand.

"nothing happened" I straight up lie, feeling like I should avoid talking about this as much as I can.

"you're lying" he replied hurriedly as if he knew that this would be my response.

"why would I?" I asked while keeping a straight face.

"you tell me" he said crossing his arms and leaning on the table while Zayn copied his actions "you just went in and out and no one even noticed? You didn't interact with a single person!That's quite unbelievable, princess" he was pushing my buttons and I already knew it from the look on his face.