11

This chapters kinda stupid tbh but whatever

future me here. the chapters got fucked up, I could fix it but I don't want to. so, in order for the story to make sense u gotta skip this and the next chapter, read chapter 10, then come back :)
——————————————————

John

The next morning was just a usual Sunday morning. Lafayette glued to his phone, Herc watching some weird show on tv, Alexander in a sleepy daze, and John cooped up in the comfort of his own blankets.

John slowly sat up. "G'morning," he croaked in a raspy voice. His throat was super soar from all the crying he'd been doing lately, and from the lack of sleep. He blindly groped around his bed until he found his sketch book and opened up to a blank page.

He found his pencil and began writing. "Mornin." Hercules mumbled, his eyes never leaving the tv screen.

Lafayette glanced up at John from beside Hercules (they were sitting on the floor in front of the tv) and gave him a pitying look. "Good morning mon ami."

John rolled his eyes and looked down at his sketch book. What to draw, what to draw? he thought. That's when Alexander gingerly walked out of the kitchen. "Hey Johnny!" he called happily, handing John a cup of coffee.

This has been their morning routine since they moved in together. Alexander always brought John coffee, which John was thankful for.

"T.. thanks Alex," John mumbled.

"Are you okay?" Alexander asked, "Your voice sounds really hoarse." Alex put his hand over Johns. John flinched and yanked his hand away.

"I'm fine," he growled as hot coffee splashed on his arm because of the quick movements. Alex looked skeptical, but, luckily, didn't press the matter.

"Whatever you say." Alexander sat down on his bunk and pulled out his laptop. He began typing.

"Alexander," Hercules said, "take a brake. It's Sunday for gods sake!"

Alex just laughed. "I have an essay due in two weeks. I need to get it done before my date with Eliza tonight. John rolled his eyes as he finished his coffee.

"Alex, get some fucking sleep, would you?" he grumbled while placing the coffee mug aside. He looked down at his sketch book again. "Or at least help me figure out what to draw."

At this, Alexander saved his work and slammed his computer shut. He scrambled up the latter to the top bunk. "Oooh! I love to watch you draw!" he cried as he sat down next to John. John noticed how close they were. "I know! Draw me and Eliza."

John forced a smile and tried to look happy. "Of course, Alexander," he cooed. John lightly grasped his pencil and began to shakily draw.

(What Johnny boy drew cause he's talented 💛💛

(What Johnny boy drew cause he's talented 💛💛.  Art by sizn oof)

Alexander laughed. "It's beautiful John."

"You're beautiful," John whispered.

"Hmm?" Alexander asked. "I didn't hear you."

A light pink color dusted Johns freckled cheeks. "I was just agreeing with you," he looked back down at the drawing, "It's beautiful," he said.

Alexander grabbed John's chin and gently forced John to look at him. "Hey, what's wrong?" he whispered.

Extreme confusion and, for some reason, anxious excitement flushed through Johns body. "What do you mean?"

Alex laughed in disbelief, as if he thought John was lying. "You're crying, dumbass." John instinctively touched his face. Warm tears had found their way down his cheeks.

He laughed dryly. "I didn't even notice."

"Haha, I call bull shit. What's wrong?" Alexander looked at John with eyes filled with worry and caring. And with a hint of... love?

Brotherly love, John reminded himself. That's what made him snap. He started sobbing. Alex immediately hugged onto John, looking hopefully at Hercules and Lafayette. The two shrugged. What help they were.

"Hey, don't cry." John cried harder. "Shit, that's the one thing you're not supposed to say to someone who's crying um..." That almost made John laugh. Almost. "What's wrong?"

"N... nothing!! Nothing. I'm fine. I'm fine. Fine," John stuttered. He pulled away from Alex and whipped his tears off. "See," he said, still sniffling, "fine!"

"We'll get Peggy," Lafayette sighed. He grabbed Hercules' arm and dragged him out of the dorm. You see, Peggy was Johns other best friend. They had a lot in common, they usually felt left out, like third wheels. They both liked p!atd, and could watch musicals with each other for hours.

Not to mention their absolute undying love they shared for their siblings. That was a big one. And they both liked the same gender.

Alexander attempted to soothe John by rubbing his back, but nothing would work. I shouldn't be crying, John thought, it makes me look and feel weak. It's stupid. I'm bothering everyone. I should just shut up and stop bothering everyone. This is why everyone hates m- his thoughts where cut short by the door slamming open.

"Do not fear John, for Peggy is here!" Peggy cried. "Alexander," she began, "get the fuck out!"

———————————————————

Haha hi

Um

Okay so

A lot of crying in chapters recently. Sorry bout that.

Um....

I hope you like the book so far-